Author Topic: New Judge in Flynn Trial  (Read 519 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
New Judge in Flynn Trial
« on: February 21, 2018, 09:58:08 AM »
Wow. Apparently (APS legal eagles weigh in) this is a really big deal, legally speaking. New judge for Mike Flynn, and he's ordering the prosecution to hand over to Flynn's attorneys any and all evidence*, including that which is beneficial to Flynn's defense.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/02/21/flynn-urged-by-supporters-to-withdraw-guilty-plea-as-judges-actions-raise-eyebrows.html

*I (layman) always thought all evidence always had to be shared between attorneys anyway, but I guess not?
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

dogmush

• friend
Re: New Judge in Flynn Trial
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2018, 10:31:20 AM »
From the article:

Typically, exculpatory information is not required to be turned over when a plea has been done, but I think this judge is particularly sensitive to those issues, given some of his history and cases he’s had,” John Lauro, a former federal prosecutor in New York and defense attorney who specializes in white-collar criminal defense, told Fox News.

I think they made a deal prior to the discovery phase, and so Mueller's witch hunt team didn't hand over everything.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Re: New Judge in Flynn Trial
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2018, 07:33:01 PM »
Saw a rumour floating around on FB that McCabe may have edited Stzrock's (sp) notes of his interview of Flynn which resulted in the lying to the Federal agent charge...
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.