Author Topic: Why must the next debate moderator be fair?  (Read 1116 times)

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
Why must the next debate moderator be fair?
« on: October 15, 2016, 01:06:12 PM »
The next debate moderator is going to be Chris Wallace of Fox News. The people over at Fox are making a big deal saying that he will be balanced with his questions.

Why? The Dem's had two debates with the moderators hammering Trump while giving Hillary a pass. Why not have one where the tables are turned? Why must Republicans always play fair?

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Re: Why must the next debate moderator be fair?
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2016, 01:16:59 PM »
I'm not so sure Chris Wallace is a good guy.

Fair is probably the very best we can expect out of him.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2016, 01:54:13 PM »

Neo-cons are not Trump fans and are the heart of the never-trump faction.

As to teh OP, I don;t see why, were the moderator one who leans GOP/Trump, they should be balanced at this juncture.  Given previous debate immoderators.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

HankB

• friend
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2016, 06:06:53 PM »

Some years back, Chris was interviewing then-POTUS candidate Pat Buchanan.

He asked Pat "Would there be any place in a Buchanan administration for David Duke?"  . . . clearly implying Pat had Klan views.

Pat promptly replied "NO!"

And stopped. Chris waited for Pat to continue, but he didn't - he just sat there and waited for Chris to continue without adding anything. (One word can't be edited and twisted.)

Chris was smart enough to move on to the next question, but I haven't entirely trusted him (as far as any journalist is worthy of trust) since that moment.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

JN01

• friend
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2016, 10:15:03 PM »
Why must Republicans always play fair?

The same reason they "compromise" with Democrats on legislation, budget deals, etc, giving them what they want in exchange for, well, nothing.   They are chumps.  They are Charlie Brown trying to kick the football one more time.  They can't stop themselves from snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2016, 07:03:08 AM »
The same reason they "compromise" with Democrats on legislation, budget deals, etc, giving them what they want in exchange for, well, nothing.   They are chumps.  They are Charlie Brown trying to kick the football one more time.  They can't stop themselves from snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

True, true, very true.

Say, I heard that a large proportion of questions submitted for the last debates related to 2A, yet none were presented.  I expected to see a big flap about that.

Did I hear wrong, or was that a false report?

Terry
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.