Author Topic: Why now? (Fauxcahontas edition)  (Read 806 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Why now? (Fauxcahontas edition)
« on: September 03, 2018, 12:44:45 AM »
https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/nation/2018/09/01/did-claiming-native-american-heritage-actually-help-elizabeth-warren-get-ahead-but-complicated/wUZZcrKKEOUv5Spnb7IO0K/story.html

All of a sudden, Elizabeth Warren has decided that she wants to be "transparent" about her [purported] Native American heritage. So she has released some documents that may prove she didn't use her claims to get hired at Harvard ... or may only succeed in adding muck to the murk.

Notably, she states that only the tribes get to determine who is a member ... but the Cherokee tribe says she's not a Cherokee, and she continues to maintain that she is.

Yep -- she's running for President ...
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Why now? (Fauxcahontas edition)
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2018, 11:29:23 PM »
So is she hoping to use this as a distraction like the Obama birth certificate stuff? 

(I think that is what Obama intended later on whether it was or not)
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

brimic

• friends
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2018, 12:00:42 PM »
IIRC, Trump offered her $10,000 to take a genetics test, and so far she hasn't taken the offer.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2018, 01:52:38 PM »
It may be (I don't know the polling) that she is actually getting hurt by the "Vote for the REAL Indian" campaign and is trying damage control for this Senate race, not preparing the battlefield for 2020.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought