Author Topic: another stupid lawsuit  (Read 6793 times)

jefnvk

• friend
  • I'll sleep away the days and ride the nights...
another stupid lawsuit
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2005, 05:41:15 PM »
No disagreement with you on teh can, cy.  Just on the is.

For example, we had to take a girl from Florida to the store, to get a shovel for her car.  Never in her wildest dreams did she imagine that snow fell everywhere, including the parking lots :banghead:  Never before had she seen snow.

She was mentioning how many times she had piled into snowbanks, spun, and everything else, to make me worry about driving when she is on the road.  30 would be too fast for her, at least until she gets more practice.
I still say 'Give Detroit to Canada'

Waitone

• friend
another stupid lawsuit
« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2005, 11:27:19 AM »
Some how I can't identify with all the snow talk.  Down here (SC) mention the word snow and schools shut down and everyone heads for the grocery store so they can make french toast (milk, eggs, bread).  The concept of slowing down to 30 mph in the snow just boggles my mind.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
another stupid lawsuit
« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2005, 12:25:00 PM »
All our snow melted.  Darn that Chimpy McHaliburton and his Weather Machine of Eeevil.  Maybe it will snow after Christmas and I can try my new cross country skis (oops, sorry, mom, Matt told me what I'm getting).

French toast!  Exactly, why French Toast?  Always get a protein hankering when it snows.  My Northern European roots showing again!

Stupid lawsuit?   Hmmm, not to seem uncaring over the loss of children, but seems pretty commonplace.  Who ran the stop sign?  Settle or pick 6 (for jury duty).
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

jefnvk

• friend
  • I'll sleep away the days and ride the nights...
another stupid lawsuit
« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2005, 12:47:32 PM »
Jeez, everyone knows when it snows, it means CHILI!
I still say 'Give Detroit to Canada'

lysander

another stupid lawsuit
« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2005, 06:42:45 AM »
I'm not terribly sure why this is a stupid lawsuit...perhaps someone can explain it to me. If the parents of these girls are partially at fault for allowing them to use the snowmobiles, then the damages will likely be reduced. If the girls were partially at fault for veering in front of the boy in the pickup, then the damages will likely be reduced. The reality is, that regardless of right of way, the boy in the pickup (and the girls) had a responsibility to drive in such a manner that seems reasonable under the circumstances. If the snowmobiles were in front of him...he would have been best served by reducing speed simply because the snowmobiles might do something unpredictable. There are several more subtle points of law which will be involved in getting to a result...but this family deserves their day in court to have a jury review the facts and settle on some form of legal redress.

Everybody loves Tort reform and hates ambulance chasers until they get themselves torted.....