Author Topic: What's on your plate for this New Year's Eve?  (Read 3526 times)

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
What's on your plate for this New Year's Eve?
« on: December 31, 2006, 01:36:49 PM »
In about 30 minutes, I'll be starting our New Year's Eve feast. Shrimp, crab and tasso gumbo, along with some crabcakes. It will take about two hours to do all the slicing and dicing of the veggies but, man oh man, it's worth it. I doubled all of the portions, so we'll be eating this for a couple of nights.

Is anyone else cooking something special? (If so, recipes please).

cosine

• Administrator
Re: What's on your plate for this New Year's Eve?
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2006, 02:07:17 PM »
Hupmff. Fancy food. Tongue

I'm eating pizza.  grin (Well, okay, I'm also having herring and shrimp and some sort of fancy cheese and crackers, etc.)
Andy

Twycross

• friend
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2006, 02:28:34 PM »
I'm going to do my usual thing. Since school is out, and I don't have to work tomorrow, I'm going to stay up till around 0100 and flit between calisthenics, reading my latest book, and the Xbox. Nothing special. I don't really celebrate Hallmark holidays.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2006, 02:50:19 PM »
Well, I'm at my parent's house in Pennsylvania with my injured, but recovering nicely, dog. I was supposed to be at friend's in Fairfax for dinner, and then at Mtnbrk's house tomorrow for New Year's dinner.

I'm missing my friends, but all in all, not bad being here in Pennsylvania with my loved ones.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

thebaldguy

• friends
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2006, 03:36:13 PM »
Parmesian artichoke dip

1 cup shredded/grated parmesian cheese
1 can of artichoke hearts drained and chopped
1/2 cup mayo
dash garlic powder
dash hot sauce

Mix and bake at 350 F for 30 minutes. Serve with bread/crackers.

Cocktail Sauce

1 cup catsup
1 tsp horseradish
dash hot sauce
dash worcheshire sauce
dash lemon/lime juice

Mix. Chill. Serve.

Standing Wolf

• friend
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2006, 03:44:20 PM »
I just finished a frozen dinner. I'll probably be fast asleep by 8:00. I've a new tale in the works, which will likely drag me out of bed about 2:00 again tomorrow morning. This one's at least relatively short.
No tyrant should ever be allowed to die of natural causes.

grislyatoms

• friends
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2006, 04:07:09 PM »
Green chile turkey soup, fried cabbage, and toast with smoked salmon spread.
"A son of the sea, am I" Gordon Lightfoot

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2006, 04:46:24 PM »
Me and the wife went to dinner at Applebees. 

Cosmoline

• friend
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2006, 04:49:01 PM »
Midnight Sun Double IPA, followed by Imperial IPA, followed by Smoked Porter  grin

I pitty the poor souls drinking schlock pilsner this night. 

http://www.midnightsunbrewing.com/

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2006, 05:05:36 PM »
Turkey and cranberry sandwich.

I'm flying tonight from the west to the east.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2006, 05:34:57 PM »
leftover pasta, donuts and TV
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

crt360

• friend
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2006, 09:50:05 PM »
I had some ramen soup and few generic tostito style chips.  I just can't get into a holiday mood this year.  sad
For entertainment purposes only.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2007, 05:35:33 AM »
Well, I'm home now.  I was hoping to start this year with a bang, literally, at the gun range, but the weather is cold and wet.  Bummer.

It's a good day for stew; think I'll make some.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2007, 05:38:49 AM »
I cleaned guns while I watch DVDs--Syrianna and Miami Vice. police
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

crt360

• friend
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2007, 06:07:21 AM »
I cleaned guns while I watch DVDs--Syrianna and Miami Vice. police
Two movies I wanted to check out - how were they?  undecided

Sylvilagus Aquaticus

• friend
    • http://profiles.yahoo.com/sylvilagus
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2007, 06:24:35 AM »
Oldest kid has a friend from the Service here tonight; just flew in from San Diego. Fixed everyone quesadillas prior to them heading out to the bars. After they left and SWMBO and I had time to watch tv for awhile I made the infamous sausage, egg, and cheese casserole.

Incubi got back from the bars about 0130 and the sailor and the Mrs. Sailor du soire had some before racking.

I tuned in about 0400.

It's now 1020CDT and SWMBO and I have been up quite awhile, but of course, no stirrings from anyone else.

Regards,
Rabbit.
To punish me for my contempt for authority, fate made me an authority myself.
Albert Einstein

El Tejon

• friend
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2007, 06:54:25 AM »
Miami Vice was O.K.  I really liked the guns.  Of course, they could make a movie where they just show guns for 2 and a half hours and I would buy it.

Syrianna was great but I didn't not quite grasp the ending--why murder the reformer prince???

As long as the oil kept flowing, I don't know why the CIA would care if the "reformer" prince took over or not.  The movie depicts how the Deobanis/Wahhabis use Islam as a spear against the West, I thought that storyline was great.

Syrianna is a great argument for putting a drill bit through a baby caribou's head in Alaska so we can rid ourselves of that bickering, backward goat and camel thieves, who God, because he has a sense of humor, put on top on all that liquid money.  And, I believe, makes the argument that the GWOT should be fought with a .22, not with the 10th Mountain Division (but that was my own opinion going in).
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

crt360

• friend
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2007, 07:33:57 AM »
Thanks El T, I need some decent new movies to watch.  Guns  grin.  They both sound good enough to entertain me for an evening.

El Tejon

• friend
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2007, 08:29:41 AM »
I rented "History of Violence" on a THG recommendation a couple of weeks ago.  (Former thug for Philly branch of the mafia moved to small town in Indiana and opens a cafe.  He kills two robbers and draws media attention which allows the mafia to catch back up with him).

Didn't like it.  1.  The director did almost nothing with the story, 2.  while the fights scenes were sequenced well, the last two made absolutely no sense.

Overall it was another movie to drive a gun nut nuts.  Oh, the bad guys are coming for me, whatever will I do.  I guess I'll just sit here alone and look all hunky handsome. rolleyes

If that happened to me, my living room would look like a gun store, I would suit up with vest and ammo pouches day and night.  Some hit man, he allows the bad guys to come to him instead of seeking them out and shooting with in the head with a .22.

My kingdom to direct a movie or two! angry 

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2007, 12:51:07 PM »
Well, I gorged myself on the gumbo while watching "Pale Rider." After I finished eating, I fell asleep sitting up on a wooden straight-back chair in the kitchen. Woke up about 11:30 pm, and just headed off to bed, while my wife was watching "Twighlight Zone" reruns.

Mr. and Mrs. Excitement. Wink

cosine

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2007, 01:30:52 PM »
Well, I just watched Numb3rs reruns on CBS' Innertube while year 2006 changed to 2007.  smiley
Andy

grampster

• friend
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2007, 04:44:30 PM »
Swmbo and I had a burger at the tavareen on the other side of the lake, took 2 of the g'kids to a GR Griffins AHL hawkey game.  The Griffs who are buried in 4th place in our conference, and maybe 20th overall, played an outstanding game against the Rochester Americans who are, I think, the #2 team in the AHL.  Griffs shut em out, 3 to zip.
They beat Hamilton #3 team overall, the night before 2 to zip.  Nice start to the new year.
Got home about 11:00PM, Swmbo went to bed, the two 14 year old knucklehead g'kids had me totally annoyed by 11:05PM.  Ordered them to bed.  Swmbo got up, fixed the TV remote that they (I) screwed up.  Let them watch the ball drop while I sulked in the kitchen watching  Twilight Zone reruns.  (Tell your wife hi, monkeyleg).  Ate some townhouse crackers with medium Chi Chi chunky salsa.  I didn't even have a beer.  Reordered the knuckleheads to bed at 12:30AM and fell asleep in my recliner.  Sigh.......
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2007, 06:12:57 PM »
can't belive none of you heathens aren't partaking of the pork and kraut this fine new years day.  rotten luck to all of you.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2007, 08:12:24 PM »
Heck of a way to introduce yourself, Bigjake . Wink

I'm English, Irish, German and Finn. My wife is 100% Polish.

We do pork and kraut regularly. Just not on holidays. If we were Cajun, maybe all of these mudbug recipes I have would be day-to-day meals.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2007, 04:30:20 AM »
can't belive none of you heathens aren't partaking of the pork and kraut this fine new years day.  rotten luck to all of you.

Did that. I'm Pennsylvania German, so it's a given.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.