Author Topic: Is it me,,,  (Read 2616 times)

Manedwolf

• friend
Re: Is it me,,,
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2007, 01:54:35 PM »
Goldwing riders are no better.

Rewind back to july, and I had some dumb ass pull off the road and confront me with unfriendly words, and even go as far as say "i'll shove that gun right up your ass".  All this while I was carrying my bushmaster AR15 laid out in woodchuck gear. 

takes all kinds

*snicker*

Leadwings. They're Lincoln Town Cars with two wheels.

I've always been amused at Honda's range of bikes. From those...things, to the insanely fast CBR racing bikes and just downright classic loud, retro Valkyries.

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2007, 04:26:17 PM »
Back when I lived in Fort Wayne, there was a family or two nearby that liked to race their snowmobiles up and down the neighborhood streets in the middle of the night.  Regular as clockwork, whenever a deep snow blanketed the streets they'd tear around the neighborhood in the middle of the night, waking everybody up.  They never got caught, because theirs were the only vehicles that could navigate the streets at the times they rode.

No, it's not you.  Every snowmobiler I've ever known has been an a-hole to some degree or another.  Friendly snowmobilers are like unicorns.  They're fabled to exist, but nobody ever sees them.

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2007, 02:30:55 AM »
Well, he certainly wasn't any asset to the sport. To be honest, when we were at close quarters, I was more ready to throw a buttstoke to his cheekbone and see how he liked that. He looked poised but didn't move. I bet he would've been surprised. Then, once I started putting distance between us and he's still screaming at me, wow. At about 20 yards I turned and looked back at him, but he wasn't headed my way so I turned around and just kept on going...
Avoid cliches like the plague!

Thor

• friend
  • US Navy (retired)
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2007, 08:21:32 AM »
I have to say that the amount of selfish and/or inconsiderate snowmobilers far outnumber the nice friendly ones. Very few of them actually KNOW the laws and even less actually follow the laws. I used to live in Becker, MN. Snowmobilers would drive by the house, violating all city statutes. One particular time, we were loading up for a winter vacation and a group of snowmobilers rushed by. All of them "jumped" the street, one as high as 8 feet in the air.  The speed limit in town is 10 mph. After their jump, they sped off towards the highway. Then we often had snowmobilers breaking the town's curfew on driving snowmobiles around town. (Not within 150 ft of any residence after 10 PM) The thing was that on this particular road, it was impossible to operate a snowmobile within that curfew, so they just ignored it. Several complaints to the cops went unanswered and the answers I DID get was, "Did you get their license number?" Yeah, right, I can read inch and half letters and numbers from 50 ft away with them going 30-50 mph. Then we have the ones that dart out in front of vehicles, blow through stop signs, ignore traffic lights, etc, as if the snowmobilers have the exclusive right of way.
" a sword never kills anybody; it's a tool in the killer's hand." - Lucius Annaeus

for Military, Vets, & Supporters, check out:
USMILNET

Conservative Discussion Forum