Author Topic: !@#%$# Outlook! How to import from OE  (Read 1396 times)

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
!@#%$# Outlook! How to import from OE
« on: November 14, 2009, 01:19:16 PM »
I have everything set up on the new machine except e-mail. I have the .dbx Outlook Express transfered to the new machine.  How in the fargle to you get Outlook to recognize them.  I tried to do an "Import From... Outlook Express or Live Mail" but it never gives me the opportunity to point to the folder where the files are.

Blinkety blank frassen gooble!

Any of you's expoits knows what's I should do's?

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Brad Johnson

• friend
Re: !@#%$# Outlook! How to import from OE
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2009, 04:08:10 PM »
I dun it mi self, thank u veri much!
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2009, 07:24:24 PM »
I dun it mi self, thank u veri much!

I assume you wound up using the "fish hook" method.  But that should've taken about half a minute, not close to 3 hours! 

DD
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

Brad Johnson

• friend
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2009, 07:50:56 PM »
Had to double-step both the messages and the address book... moving the files from one machine to the other, importing into Windows Mail (after downloading and installing it), then importing into Outlook.

Had I known all the details I could have done it in under twenty minutes.  Getting those details is what took so long.

Oh well, it's working now.  Unfortunately my client tracking software, being very old and cranky, has decided it will not play nice with Outlook.  I'll have to manually enter the data.  Hmph.  It'll take a while, but I'll do some every day.  I should have it finished in before Thanksgiving.

Hey, if that's the biggest headache I have to deal with after ten years, I count myself lucky!  On the upside, the new machine is smokin' fast!  Now I can take advantage of all the network upgrades, including the gigabit switches we just installed.  Wowzers but stuff loads fast now!

Brad
-HankB

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2009, 06:03:30 PM »
Wowzers but stuff loads fast now!

Give it a few weeks and you'll get used to the new speed, and then you will be complaining about how slow it is.  :D
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Brad Johnson

• friend
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2009, 01:15:31 AM »
Isn't that what you're supposed to do?  =D

Brad
-HankB