Author Topic: Moron Alert #328  (Read 600 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Moron Alert #328
« on: September 06, 2019, 01:33:43 PM »
https://www.apnews.com/568f7811f5154ddf930ebbfa3103cbcc

Biggest, strongest hurricane in history (according to the always-reliable mass media). People living on barrier islands in the direct path of the hurricane are under a mandatory evacuation order, choose to stay put ... and are surprised when there's wind and flooding.

The human race is doomed.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
Re: Moron Alert #328
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2019, 02:20:08 PM »
As much as I hate to be cold-hearted, it may take letting some of these idiots drown to get the point across. The "no emergency services available" part of an evac order means exactly that. Ignore at your peril.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2019, 04:30:48 PM »
Over and over, longtime residents said that they had never seen flooding so bad, or that places in their homes that had never flooded before were inundated.

“We were all on social media laughing about how we’d done well and there was really no flooding at all, just rain, typical rain,” Steve Harris, who has lived on Ocracoke Island for most of the last 19 years. And then, “the wall of water just came rushing through the island.”

“And it just started looking like a bathtub, very quickly,” said Harris, who was safe in his third-floor condo. “We went from almost no water to 4 to 6 feet in a matter of minutes.”
Have they not heard of storm surge on the east coast?  That is what happens when a Hurricane makes landfall.  Where I work, we are behind a levee. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2019, 06:06:47 PM »
As much as I hate to be cold-hearted, it may take letting some of these idiots drown to get the point across. The "no emergency services available" part of an evac order means exactly that. Ignore at your peril.

Brad

This. But it won't happen. There are too many people intent on defeating Darwin. We should hand them a 5 digit bill for the heli ride out.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?