Author Topic: The Three Stooges movie. Yes!!  (Read 1041 times)

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
The Three Stooges movie. Yes!!
« on: December 16, 2011, 02:24:06 PM »
I just stumbled across the movie trailer.  As a dedicated Stooge fan, I think it looks great.  If the movie is true to the trailer it looks to be a faithful homage to the undisputed all-time masters of slapstick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4IoUo_ZJkY

Personally I think casting Will Sasso as Curly is brilliant.  The only person I can think of who even comes close to that level of physical comedy is Jim Carrey.

Fire Marshall Bill.  Classic!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0S9iqNSvfg

http://www.spike.com/video-clips/u2hos0/in-living-color-season-4-fire-marshall-bill-rebuilds-la

Brad
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 03:26:39 PM by Brad Johnson »
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
Re: The Three Stooges movie. Yes!!
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2011, 02:48:35 PM »
I have got to see this! Looks awesome!  =D
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2011, 03:02:37 PM »
So, when are they going to do Laurel and Hardy? ?    [popcorn] [popcorn] ;) ;)
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Lee

• friend
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2011, 05:09:24 PM »
Awesome...I can't wait!

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2011, 04:22:19 AM »
It's impressive how they have the looks, voices and mannerisms down so well.  Hopefully it will be on pay-per-view soon after it hits the theaters.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2011, 08:32:56 AM »
I wonder if the film is faithful to the book.

DD
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2011, 03:14:53 PM »

Personally I think casting Will Sasso as Curly is brilliant.  The only person I can think of who even comes close to that level of physical comedy is Jim Carrey.

Brad

Will really nails it in that clip. He is a brilliant comedian in my book. I especially loved his Steven Seagull.  =D
« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 10:36:43 PM by Sergeant Bob »
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2011, 04:47:45 PM »
Okay, that trailer was much better than I was expecting.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge