Author Topic: The Time Tunnel!  (Read 1190 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
The Time Tunnel!
« on: June 02, 2016, 12:13:09 AM »
The tunnel of time! Anybody else ever watch this old show?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
Re: The Time Tunnel!
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2016, 12:27:07 AM »
Yes, they wore turtlenecks, and slo-mo jump landed in each new time period/episode.
I promise not to duck.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2016, 12:43:18 AM »
And let us not forget the fireworks going off in the tunnel with each attempt to bring them back.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2016, 12:48:55 AM »
Hmmm...  I know of it, but never watched it.  I was too young for it when it first ran, and I've never seen it in re-runs anywhere.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2016, 01:03:05 AM »
One of my favorites from way back when. Right up there with Land Of The Giants.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2016, 06:02:57 AM »
Used to watch it as a kid.  I've seen that it's available on one of the streaming video services, but don't recall which one.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2016, 06:46:01 AM »
I don't even remember hearing of it before.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2016, 08:12:01 AM »
The tunnel of time! Anybody else ever watch this old show?

Watched it back when, yeah. 
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2016, 09:32:22 AM »
Used to watch it as a kid.  I've seen that it's available on one of the streaming video services, but don't recall which one.

Hulu has it, on their free side.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2016, 09:51:27 AM »
I barely remember watching it as a kid. Same with "Land of Giants" and "Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea". I should check them out again for nostalgia's sake. :)
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

HankB

• friend
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2016, 10:06:38 AM »
I remember watching it as a kid - as I recall, it was based in the "future" world of 1968.

Special effects were cheesier than the ones in the TV show, Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2016, 10:34:15 AM »
As a parent of small children, "Time Tunnel" means Dinosaur Train to me.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2016, 10:56:43 AM »
I enjoyed the series, which regretably only lasted one season.  I now have the series on DVD, and  I also have most all of Irwin Allen's 1960s SF series.  
Back in the 1970s I had the opportunity to meet L. B. Abbott  who was the former head of special effects at Twentieth Century Fox Studios, and who worked on all of Allen's SF series.  His stories of the behind-the-scenes stuff, and how they did the effects, such as the colorful time trave effects that had the two scientists seemingly falling through a colorful "time vortex" were fascinating.  Mr. Abbott did a lot of good creative work on a low budget --- yet The Time Tunnel cost a LOT of  $$$$ in the mid 1960s.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2016, 03:15:25 AM »
I don't even remember hearing of it before.

It was new to me, too. I liked it better when it was called Quantum Leap.  =)

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2016, 11:56:46 AM »

It was new to me, too. I liked it better when it was called Quantum Leap.  =)

I never really liked Quantum Leap.  Handheld remote time machine-----REALLY?  You need a huge impressive multitrillion dollar complex that only costs $5.99 to build, and only THE TIME TUNNEL gives you that...... [tinfoil]
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero