Author Topic: Betsy F Yerguns from Huffington Post  (Read 2819 times)

DustinD

• I have a title
  • friends
  • I have a personal text message
Betsy F Yerguns from Huffington Post
« on: October 10, 2016, 11:26:25 PM »
It looks like the craziest end of the gun grabber spectrum has reached a new low. One of them writing for the Huffington Post is advocating theft and destruction of firearms. This might also be a new low for the Huffington Post, or maybe I need to get out more.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/author/betsy

Edit: Appears to be from this website. www.betsyriot.com Crazy gun grabbers are crazy.
"I don't always shoot defenceless women in the face, but when I do, I prefer H-S Precision.

Stay bloodthirsty, my friends."

- Lon Horiuchi

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
Re: Betsy F Yerguns from Huffington Post
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2016, 01:21:46 AM »
Either:
1.  Betsy is staging everything, and anybody following 'her advice' is in for trouble
or
2.  Betsy has committed numerous felonies, and as soon as somebody links her to her felonies, she's going to discover that state and/or federal prison isn't fun.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2016, 02:05:07 AM »
or
3. Betsy is going to get her ass beat or shot trying to steal a gun....
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2016, 05:53:41 AM »
How is this lower than those anti-gun activists who proclaim that those of us who don't want to turn in our guns should be shot?

I will admit, however, that public advocacy of felony theft is pretty low. I hope someone has sent a copy of that article to the BATFE.

Gunhumpers love their deadly fetish objects so much that they bring them everywhere they go, and usually do a really shitty job of securing them. This is not so good for the 100 kids who Second Amendment themselves to death every year, but the silver lining is that it does help make Betsy’s job much easier.

Compared to 390 kids per year who drown ( http://www.abc15.com/news/national/390-kids-drown-in-us-pools-each-year-reports-find ),

And how about the rougly 3,000 kids per year killed in automobile accidents? If Betsy is so concerned about saving kids lives, she should be out stealing cars, not guns.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 11:42:23 AM by Hawkmoon »
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2016, 08:11:10 AM »
"Never trust a passionately self-righteous person.  'The end justifies the means' is their mantra."

Heh.  My first BB gun when I was a kid I named "Betsy."
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2016, 09:10:24 AM »
100% fake mental masturbation so her fellow H post idiots can talk about how clever they are.

1. I'm not convinced that revolver is even real.  I've never seen a barrel that was attached to the outside of the frame with a set screw. Also, loading gate on double action frame.
2. The "Foundry" picture is (blurry) stock photo of military weapons (with old BDU's no less)
3. There's no after picture of the nice shotgun or rifle.
4. The only real picture is a cooked hi-point.

=

Spoiled little rich girl on a mission took some pics of her daddy's hunting guns, maybe with a nice airsoft, and some printed out slogans. Then she scoured the net for some pics she could steal and photoshop. then she dropped $100 on a used hi point and cooked it.  Then she got HuffPo to post her story with a link to book for sale.

ETA: Never mind, she stole that image too.  it came from one of iraqveteran8888's videos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiwPt-wMfdI

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2016, 10:41:40 AM »
Good catch.  Yeah, this seems a bit unhinged. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2016, 10:50:27 AM »
Yeah, good investigating Dogmush. It certainly sounded a bit over the top, especially considering all the felonies. I'm surprised that even Huffington Post would allow a "contributor" to put crap like that in writing (aka evidence) on their site. I'm kinda thinking it's some basement dwelling, sociology major, Will Wheaton wannabe (or a group of them).

I agree that giving the IP info to the BATFE would be fun, as well as doing your civic duty.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2016, 11:17:27 AM »
Yeah, good investigating Dogmush. It certainly sounded a bit over the top, especially considering all the felonies. I'm surprised that even Huffington Post would allow a "contributor" to put crap like that in writing (aka evidence) on their site. I'm kinda thinking it's some basement dwelling, sociology major, Will Wheaton wannabe (or a group of them).

I agree that giving the IP info to the BATFE would be fun, as well as doing your civic duty.

Clickbaiting combined with activism. HuffPo wants clicks for advertising, 'author' wants to flog an ebook. All the attention means cha-ching.

Gotta admit, it worked.   ;)
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2016, 11:24:31 AM »
Let's see. The Huffington ComPost has a fairly popular website, and contributor Betsy is worried about gun-related casualties.* Should she use her public platform to give actual gun safety tips, or maybe encourage schools to do Eddie Eagle-type programs, or should she steal (or claim to steal) guns? Boy, I just can't figure out which of these things might actually reduce the body count. Hmmm....

*Well, not really, but she claims to be.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2016, 11:30:04 AM »
Good catch Dogmush.  I thought I had seen that melted HiPoint before, but I couldn't remember where. 

Yep, I bet ol' Betsy has never touched (much less stolen) a gun in her special snowflake life.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2016, 12:35:47 PM »
That revolver is an old H&R, a Model 649.

It was a double action, but employed single action loading (loading gate) and unloading (Peacemaker type ejector rod).

So yeah. It's a real revolver.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2016, 12:39:32 PM »
Iraq veteran 888 just called her out and demanded that his photo be removed.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2016, 12:48:54 PM »
I wonder if Huffington Post could be held liable for damages if someone actually tried this *expletive deleted*it and got themselves either jacked up with the law or perforated...

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2016, 01:48:20 PM »

I emailed him this morning, after I found the video.

My message:
Good Morning, I enjoy your YouTube videos, so when I was linked to the attached site this morning I recognized it pretty quick.

I'm not sure what kind of license agreement you have with YouTube, but Huffington Post is using screen Grabs from your melted Hi Point video to try and sell books.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/betsy-goes-gun-grabbin_us_57f6d7d6e4b0d786aa52adcd?

seems like they owe you or youtube or someone some money, that I wonder if they paid.

Cheers,

And got back pretty quickly:
I see it, I have responded and if she does not remove our content, I will contact my lawyers. Thanks for the heads up.

Best Regards,
Brandy aka Mrs.IV8888
Business Manager
88 Industries, LLC/Iraqveteran8888

=D =D

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2016, 01:51:41 PM »
Sweet!

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2016, 02:21:22 PM »
Ignoring the content for a moment, and just the delivery, this is insanely low quality even for Huffpo.

Do they have some sort of free-for-all blog portal side to their site? I've seen similar stuff on CNN's version of that.
I promise not to duck.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2016, 02:26:22 PM »

I'm still not convinced it's a female or a single person. I'm leaning towards an anti-gun group's invented persona. If she's real, I want a minimum 6000 mile buffer between her and me.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2016, 02:37:12 PM »
Think about her name for a minute.  Betsy "F Yerguns".  Kind of points to her bias even before you read her stuff.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.