Author Topic: Donald Rumsfeld Dead  (Read 562 times)

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Donald Rumsfeld Dead
« on: June 30, 2021, 03:35:03 PM »
He was 88.

No cause of death reported.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: Donald Rumsfeld Dead
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2021, 03:46:51 PM »
What dirt did he have on Hillary?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2021, 03:57:57 PM »
Cue the lib celebrations.
As for me I never really liked the guy myself but RIP
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2021, 05:54:35 PM »

As for me I never really liked the guy myself but RIP

You go to the afterlife with the reputation you have, not the reputation you might want or wish to have at a later time.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2021, 09:26:58 PM »
You go to the afterlife with the reputation you have, not the reputation you might want or wish to have at a later time.

Bazinga.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2021, 11:07:56 AM »
I was trying to remember when he was Secretary of Defense.  I thought he replaced someone else after the Iraq War started, but I had to look it up and it was January 2001.  I didn't have a negative view of him at the time, but I think that was a reaction to the media attacks more than anything he did.  He was fully involved in the Iraq/Afghanistan Wars and Occupation. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2021, 11:50:33 AM »
I was trying to remember when he was Secretary of Defense.  I thought he replaced someone else after the Iraq War started, but I had to look it up and it was January 2001.  I didn't have a negative view of him at the time, but I think that was a reaction to the media attacks more than anything he did.  He was fully involved in the Iraq/Afghanistan Wars and Occupation.

And if I recall correctly, he was very popular with the media, at least early on.
"It's good, though..."

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2021, 01:48:10 PM »

He was Ford's Secretary of Defense 1975 to 1977. He was the youngest and the oldest SECDEF.

bob