Author Topic: We are becoming accustomed to this?  (Read 1721 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
We are becoming accustomed to this?
« on: August 25, 2011, 12:41:37 AM »
This story has been on Drudge for several days now.

As yet, unlinked in APS.

Something like this a couple years ago, would have us here up in arms, writing letters, multi-page rants against the congresscritter that started this issue.

Are we (APS) getting accustomed to this type of horrible abuse of power and destruction of civil liberties?

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/politics/2011/08/24/democrats-cameras-seized-by-police-at-chabot-town-hall-meeting/

The critter ordered police to take cameras to protect himself from embarrassing Youtube videos?

Tar.  Feather.  Lynch.  Burn.  Repeat.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
Re: We are becoming accustomed to this?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 12:57:03 AM »
Not accustomed...but what is to be done? The citizens of that town have to fix the problem. We already discussed a similar issue in AZ a few weeks ago, and I'm all raged out for this month. Talk to me in a few days.
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2011, 01:49:30 AM »
Not accustomed...but what is to be done? The citizens of that town have to fix the problem.

That doesn't usually stop us.

AZR, I hope you're not judging our reaction (or lack of reaction) on this one story. We were a few days late getting to this one story. It doesn't exactly establish a pattern.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2011, 02:25:02 AM »
I just blogged on this.  I've tried the number listed.  It's been disconnected.  However, my e-mail o' rage is burning up a whole bunch of electrons.

I would have resisted.  I would have been tasered.  I would have been cuffed and stuffed.

But I would not have gone quietly into that good night.  There would have been some real good fodder for 10 o'clock news, that's for damn sure.

Deny a (dying) veteran my 1st Amendment Rights. 

Game On !!!! 
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2011, 09:17:58 AM »
And that is the true tragedy--that so few of the right people are in the right place at the right time.

Just like how the TSA never picks me to try and nude-o-scan. Despite the fact that I know the applicable laws and policies and I have a voice recorder in my pocket.
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2011, 12:28:11 PM »
More evidence pocket video needs to be in everyone's hands. 
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 07:03:28 PM by Waitone »
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

MrsSmith

• I do declare, someone needs an ass whoopin'
  • friend
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2011, 03:20:57 PM »
And that is the true tragedy--that so few of the right people are in the right place at the right time.

Just like how the TSA never picks me to try and nude-o-scan. Despite the fact that I know the applicable laws and policies and I have a voice recorder in my pocket.

QFT. Yet its also a tragedy that more people just stand by and let themselves be walked on and abused. I sometimes think people in the abusing position have almost a sixth sense about who they can get away with pushing around.
America is at that awkward stage; It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. ~ Claire Wolfe