Author Topic: Stop Showering  (Read 892 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Stop Showering
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2024, 05:32:58 PM »
Get outta here, Ben! You're ruining everybody's lives!

I'll be happy to oblige as soon as my time machine arrives in the mail.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2024, 05:38:16 PM »
7-11 was a part time job.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2024, 06:11:11 PM »
Where's the skyintifikil  resirch on how we have to redoose how often we pick our noses?  I saw recintlee how the irth is being roont by too many flicked and smeared boogers.

Terry, 230RN
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2024, 06:36:58 PM »
Picking your nose is white supremacy.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2024, 06:40:56 PM »
Picking your nose is white supremacy.

Well my nose is white
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2024, 09:53:22 PM »
What kind of incident? You can bathe in non-potable water.

As long as it isn't like, ya know, really, really non-potable.

Someone died from some sort of bug at a public water slide (I forget what it was).  They found dead legs in the water system that weren't getting treated properly and switched to a chlorine anti-microbial treatment.  The chlorine was pretty heavy for a bit when they shocked the system.  They were also handing out cases of water for residents. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2024, 10:27:22 PM »
Someone died from some sort of bug at a public water slide (I forget what it was).  They found dead legs in the water system that weren't getting treated properly and switched to a chlorine anti-microbial treatment.  The chlorine was pretty heavy for a bit when they shocked the system.  They were also handing out cases of water for residents. 

When I was in India, even in the highest end hotels, I made sure to shower with my mouth closed.  Used bottled water to brush teeth. Ate nothing that wasn't cooked, or could be peeled.
Formerly sumpnz

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2024, 10:37:58 PM »
Well my nose is white

You need to acknowledge your privilege and pick a nose of color. Olfactory justice now!
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2024, 10:56:54 AM »
I'm doing my part to hasten the demise of the planet -- I took a long shower last night.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2024, 11:51:42 AM »
I'm doing my part to hasten the demise of the planet -- I took a long shower last night.
Yeah, I will worry about that when they outlaw swimming pools to conserve water.  But water isn't scarce yet so none of that is really necessary.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2024, 11:56:42 AM »

According to some on the left I just denied an African village water for a year.
Never understood how me saving water in an area with more water than we know what to do with somehow makes a difference to someone 10,000 miles away. What water I do and don't use just goes down the Ohio, down the Mississippi, and out to the gulf.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2024, 12:02:11 PM »
According to some on the left I just denied an African village water for a year.
Never understood how me saving water in an area with more water than we know what to do with somehow makes a difference to someone 10,000 miles away.
By that logic, we should go ahead and cut down the rain forests in South America since it takes water that is needed in Africa. 

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2024, 12:19:35 PM »
On the water conservation, I always cracked up in California, where during one of the "water shortages"*, the weirdo limousine liberal hippies in Santa Barbara were all promoting families showering together, letting #1 and even #2 sit in the toilet for long periods, and all kinds of other stuff that might save their household 200 gallons per week. In the meantime during that same period, the farmers in the San Juaquin Valley were running 1000GPM pumps 24/7 for like two weeks on, one week off all Summer to water crops.  :laugh:

* Which, it's hard to justify a "water shortage" when you divert hundreds of millions of gallons of water every year from humans, letting it dump straight into the ocean, to "save" a tiny fish that you can't even get a population number on because they are likely already extinct.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2024, 12:24:24 PM »
On the water conservation, I always cracked up in California, where during one of the "water shortages"*, the weirdo limousine liberal hippies in Santa Barbara were all promoting families showering together, letting #1 and even #2 sit in the toilet for long periods, and all kinds of other stuff that might save their household 200 gallons per week. In the meantime during that same period, the farmers in the San Juaquin Valley were running 1000GPM pumps 24/7 for like two weeks on, one week off all Summer to water crops.  :laugh:

* Which, it's hard to justify a "water shortage" when you divert hundreds of millions of gallons of water every year from humans, letting it dump straight into the ocean, to "save" a tiny fish that you can't even get a population number on because they are likely already extinct.

Meanwhile those very same limousine liberal hippies have swimming pools the size of a small country and hot tubs.
Then they hop on their private jet to go to some exotic place to get together with other limousine liberal hippies who did the same to tell me I need to stop driving my car to save the planet. Then pose for photos then go partying with the others
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2024, 12:53:06 PM »
Britain's Keeper of Arms and Artillery takes a look at the firearms from Fallout.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsP9CGq3dL8
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2024, 01:04:46 PM »
Britain's Keeper of Arms and Artillery takes a look at the firearms from Fallout.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsP9CGq3dL8

Don't change the subject  :rofl:
- Calvin and Hobbes

Tuco

• friends
« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2024, 01:25:39 PM »
I worked with a guy who always pooped at work.
Said he did it to save his septic field.

And my dad used to pitch a bitch about flushing evey piss, for the same reason. Come to find out, he just liked to make up reasons to pitch a bitch.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2024, 01:35:31 PM »
When I was driving over the road, and basically living at truck stops, I'd be able to grab a shower every few days usually. If you buy enough fuel, they are free. Still have the loyalty card. Basically, an overnight run would buy me one shower.

Truck stop showers, at least in the Pilot/Flying J system, are great.

When I was in college, I'd usually shower in the morning, and then after working out.
Blog under construction

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #43 on: April 29, 2024, 02:54:06 PM »
I worked with a guy who always pooped at work.
Said he did it to save his septic field.

And my dad used to pitch a bitch about flushing evey piss, for the same reason. Come to find out, he just liked to make up reasons to pitch a bitch.
Weekends must be tough.  He could just set up a small outhouse in the back of the yard if it was that much of a concern. 

I used to work around a guy who was the opposite.  He didn't want to sit on someone else's toilet.  He worked 12 hour shifts.

Tuco

• friends
« Reply #44 on: April 29, 2024, 03:38:00 PM »
He could just set up a small outhouse in the back of the yard if it was that much of a concern. 

Now that you mention it, he did have an outhouse!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #45 on: April 29, 2024, 03:46:30 PM »
I used to work around a guy who was the opposite.  He didn't want to sit on someone else's toilet.  He worked 12 hour shifts.

I mean, I can kinda relate. For the first 3/4s of my career, my office was in a Naval Reserve building that also housed a Maritime museum, and after the museum came in, they separated the gov offices and the museum with a shared entryway/restroom area, so essentially, public restrooms. Which were also available to tourists in the harbor who were hitting restaurants and bars. So you can imagine what the restrooms looked like.

For those times when I couldn't hold in #2, you can bet your ass that I quadruple gasketed the toilet seat. Even taking a leak, I had to be a gymnast to position myself so that I wasn't standing in piss.

The last 1/4 of my career, we were in our own building with our own private bathrooms and a shower area people used either after dive ops or PT or whatever. Whatever else I could complain about regarding my coworkers, everyone was at least civilized in how they treated our bathrooms and showers.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #46 on: April 30, 2024, 01:37:26 AM »
One semester in college, there was a poor kid on my dorm floor, in the football dorm, who had signed up late for the rooms, who was scared to death of either taking a dump in the communal restrooms, or taking a shower. He would walk to his own dorm to do so.

Because he'd come out as gay.

And he was SURE that the horrible football players would harm him.

We told him that our Very Damn Good kicker was probably gay, but that didn't faze him... he was sure...

Which is probably where some of the "progressive" fears still lurk.
Blog under construction

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #47 on: April 30, 2024, 07:22:32 AM »
I was on division president's staff for awhile when I worked at SAIC, working in the eastern region HQ in Virginia.

Worked with a LOT of former high ranking military and civilian gov... including several generals and admirals and one former deputy director of the CIA.

None of those idiots apparently knew how to use a urinal. By noon the men's room floor was awash in piss. It was disgusting. Only thing I could figure is that they were so used to having lowly enlisted cleaning up after them they didn't care.

I NEVER used the men's room on our side of the building after mid day -- I always went to the other wing, which was under construction and didn't get much use. And the people who used it weren't idiots.

It got so bad that I hung printouts over the urinals -- STAND CLOSER, IT'S NOT AS LONG AS YOU THINK, YOU'RE PISSING ON THE FLOOR.

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #48 on: April 30, 2024, 08:58:43 AM »
I was on division president's staff for awhile when I worked at SAIC, working in the eastern region HQ in Virginia.

Worked with a LOT of former high ranking military and civilian gov... including several generals and admirals and one former deputy director of the CIA.

None of those idiots apparently knew how to use a urinal. By noon the men's room floor was awash in piss. It was disgusting. Only thing I could figure is that they were so used to having lowly enlisted cleaning up after them they didn't care.

I NEVER used the men's room on our side of the building after mid day -- I always went to the other wing, which was under construction and didn't get much use. And the people who used it weren't idiots.

It got so bad that I hung printouts over the urinals -- STAND CLOSER, IT'S NOT AS LONG AS YOU THINK, YOU'RE PISSING ON THE FLOOR.
A reminder to never underestimate the weird thinking of arrogant/egotistical people. 

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #49 on: April 30, 2024, 09:03:11 AM »
One of my pet peeves in life in walking into a restroom and there's a F'ing puddle in front of each urinal. Look at the toilet and it's covered in piss too. I'm like really? WTF is wrong with some people?
« Last Edit: April 30, 2024, 09:35:37 AM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes