Author Topic: Why the United States is doomed  (Read 1877 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Why the United States is doomed
« on: July 25, 2023, 11:22:01 PM »
I stumbled across this by accident:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6z4xleikS8
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

HankB

• friend
Re: Why the United States is doomed
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2023, 04:46:52 PM »
The only time I can think of where "diversity" was actually beneficial in US warfighting was during WWII when we were able to use Navaho code talkers to transmit messages "in the clear" that the Japanese couldn't understand.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2023, 09:47:39 AM »
I recall seeing a documentary about that.  They interviewed a Navajo man who was a prisoner of the Japanese and was forced to interpret.  Since it was a coded language spoken in Navajo, he couldn't help them even if he wanted to. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2023, 09:51:31 AM »
It seems to me the US Military has always been "diverse".  Minority groups of the time have always participated.  They may not have been officers, but they have been in the military.  I guess race ceased being a barrier at all levels so the activists have to make up gender stuff.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

zahc

• friend
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2023, 11:16:19 AM »
I think I dislike the interviewer enough to sympathize with the interviewee. This type of political grandstanding tuned to get views on social media makes me sick. It's basically Idiocracy.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine