Author Topic: Congress has twice talked about raiding 401k's...  (Read 19725 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: Congress has twice talked about raiding 401k's...
« Reply #50 on: May 15, 2011, 04:03:30 PM »
And it has not passed yet. Even in Ireland.

You do not live in Ireland.

its quite remarkable,  not so much on this forum but on many its being touted as a fait accompli.  and the believers are most difficult to sway
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #51 on: May 16, 2011, 08:35:03 AM »
Geithner, who has already suspended a program that helps state and local government manage their finances, will begin to borrow from retirement funds for federal workers

http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/treasury-to-tap-pensions-to-help-fund-government/2011/05/15/AF2fqK4G_story.html
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #52 on: May 16, 2011, 08:46:25 AM »
Treasury secretaries have tapped special programs to avoid default six times since 1985.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner