Author Topic: Race Card Is Maxed Out  (Read 3612 times)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Race Card Is Maxed Out
« on: August 12, 2010, 11:32:04 AM »
http://pajamasmedia.com/instapundit/104496/

Contains a link to a Jon Stewart segment that is dang funny.  References current ethics problems for some congresscritters.

"Of course every black has a Race Card and we charge the hell out of it.  Back in the day, there was only the Master Race Card and we didn't qualify."  Or something along those lines.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
Re: Race Card Is Maxed Out
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2010, 12:22:53 PM »
Great stuff. :D

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2010, 12:30:58 PM »

Na, don't worry.  Expect the politicians to keep playing it.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

BMacklem

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2010, 02:15:01 PM »
It's a famous political trick called....deficit spending.
I see no reason they won't do that on the race card as well.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2010, 09:37:49 PM »
Don't be fooled, Stewart is a far left propaganda mill.

His self (left) deprecating humor is usually spot on and funny though. I've never hated or despised him like, lets say a Franken.

He is probably a pretty good guy to have as a friend or neighbor.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2010, 10:45:57 PM »
Mr. Stewart is the rare sort of Leftist/Liberal that can't defend outright idiocy or hypocrisy and will point it out when he sees it, even on his side of the aisle.

You know, the "good" kind we used to have in America.
I promise not to duck.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2010, 11:56:41 PM »
Mr. Stewart is the rare sort of Leftist/Liberal that can't defend outright idiocy or hypocrisy and will point it out when he sees it, even on his side of the aisle.

When he sees it.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2010, 09:18:24 AM »
Stewart does some really funny stuff, but you have to wade through all the Bush and Republican hatred to get to it.  It is not worth watching to me.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2010, 10:57:35 AM »
Since he and Colbert seem to be the prime educators of American youth in matters political, this is heartening.  Well, not very...
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2010, 02:27:31 PM »
Since he and Colbert seem to be the prime educators of American youth in matters political, this is heartening.  Well, not very...
It actually sorts of shows that even our youth realize the mainstream media sucks so they are watching stuff like that instead.

I listen to enough news/talk radio most days that the last thing I want to watch in the evening is news.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

BMacklem

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2010, 09:44:35 AM »
(since the quote I am using is from the comments section I don't think that it violates any copyright law)

Following a link up there about Maxine Waters and her corruption trial, I was reading the comments, and one of them caught my eye.

"That's right Maxine, the answer to previous acts of racism is always to meet them with continued acts of racism. Your acting on behalf of the interests of "minority banks" is just that...another act of racism. When I was in school, anytime I asked my Grandmother the definition of a word, or about an event or person, she would reply "look it up". When I look up racism I found this definition" Racism: The act of discriminating for or against a person or persons solely on the basis of race. So by acting in the interests of a "minority banking group" whose membership included the bank her husband worked for, not only was she acting in a self-interested corrupt manner (her husband's bank benefits, her husband benefits, she benefits....twist, bleach, paint, or spin that fact any way you want and it still would be corruption) she was acting in a racist manner as well. (her husband's bank is part of an organization that specifically discriminates against whites). -Oz"

Now the definition of racism includes anyone who discriminates *for* or against. So what we should be doing is calling anything that advocates for minorities as RACIST.
Time to boycot BET (That's Black Entertainment Television) magazines like EBONY, and Jesse Jacksoon, Al Sharpton ..et. al.
See how they like it.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2010, 11:11:11 AM »
Not only is the "race card" played out, the card game itself is over.  Obama, like a malevolent deity, has succeeded in putting Americans on his right hand and on his left, dividing this nation by race and ethnicity in what is beginning to look like a last hand before lights out.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.