Author Topic: Maxine Waters Whacked, Barney Frank Untouched  (Read 2211 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Maxine Waters Whacked, Barney Frank Untouched
« on: August 13, 2010, 09:40:19 AM »
I thought the author made some interesting points. I absolutely believe Maxine Waters knew she was doing the favoritism thing, but I also think it's shoplifting compared to Barney Frank's armed robbery. Not just for this particular instance, but all of his financial shenanigans over the last few years.

I'd be happy to see the Waters investigation dropped if someone did a thorough investigation of Frank without anyone in power stepping in to protect him. Waters sent money to a single institution. Frank nearly tanked an entire industry.

--------------
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-08-12/maxine-waters-whacked-barney-frank-untouched-jonathan-weil.html
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: Maxine Waters Whacked, Barney Frank Untouched
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2010, 09:49:16 AM »
I thought the author made some interesting points. I absolutely believe Maxine Waters knew she was doing the favoritism thing, but I also think it's shoplifting compared to Barney Frank's armed robbery. Not just for this particular instance, but all of his financial shenanigans over the last few years.

I'd be happy to see the Waters investigation dropped if someone did a thorough investigation of Frank without anyone in power stepping in to protect him. Waters sent money to a single institution. Frank nearly tanked an entire industry.

--------------
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-08-12/maxine-waters-whacked-barney-frank-untouched-jonathan-weil.html

I think it's pretty clear.

The gay card trumps the race card. (I guess that makes sense since: The Race Card is Maxed Out)
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2010, 10:58:41 AM »
Frank should have been drummed out years ago on that prostitution ring rap.  No One Who Counts gave a damn.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2010, 11:39:42 AM »
Frank should have been drummed out years ago on that prostitution ring rap.  No One Who Counts gave a damn.

This.  The guy makes stereotypically dissipative male homosexuals seem like models of probity.

If he were straight or GOP, the prostitution ring would have tanked his career. 
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2010, 12:41:10 PM »
According to Fox News http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/08/13/rep-waters-violated-house-rules/?test=latestnews, Maxine is blame Bush, alla Paulson, for her troubles.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2010, 09:22:48 AM »
Waters AND Rangel are being investigated for ethics violations now because they supported Hillary for president last election.  Obama is getting his pound of flesh.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2010, 11:12:24 AM »
For every pound he gets, how many will he give up?
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2010, 02:18:21 PM »
Has nothing to do with the gay thing, and everything to do with the relative political power of the two congresscritters.  Frank is powerful enough to survive something like this, Waters isn't.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2010, 03:03:40 PM »
I just hope she goes nuts at her testimony, given past performance this is a solid betting line. Maybe she implicates some others. Might need a credit line increase on her master race card too.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2010, 03:19:37 PM »
I just hope she goes nuts at her testimony, given past performance this is a solid betting line. Maybe she implicates some others. Might need a credit line increase on her master race card too.

Oh, yeah, MW can bring on the krayzee. 
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2010, 11:16:23 PM »
Oh, yeah, MW can bring on the krayzee. 

Power Vacuum.  With McKinney gone,  the Crazy has to manifest itself somewhere... 

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2010, 01:12:23 AM »
Power Vacuum.  With McKinney gone,  the Crazy has to manifest itself somewhere... 

There's always Biden.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife