Author Topic: Can you tell which of these government spending projects are real or fake?  (Read 1806 times)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
http://www.bankruptingamerica.org/2010/08/12/new-video-can-you-tell-which-of-these-government-spending-projects-are-real-or-fake/

Where does one start? 

Well, an economics major interviews several folks and asks them if a particular stimulus project is real or fake.

As for my comment...drunk chinese turtles FTW!
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Ryan in Maine

• friend
 :facepalm: * Infinity

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
As for my comment...drunk chinese turtles FTW!

No, no, no. It's funny drunk Chinese turtles with loose morals.

PTK

• friends
WTH is the USA government doing giving money to folks to do a study about prostitutes in CHINA?!
"Only lucky people grow old." - Frederick L.
September 1915 - August 2008

"If you really do have cancer "this time", then this is your own fault. Like the little boy who cried wolf."

taurusowner

WTH is the USA government doing giving money to folks to do a study about prostitutes in CHINA?!

FTFY.  100% of government grants in every field everywhere should be totally and permanently discontinued.

sanglant

• friend
they heard one said, "me love you long time?" :angel:

or they just watched M*A*S*H. [popcorn]

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Did anyone else notice that they actually found a joke-telling robot to interview?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
FTFY.  100% of government grants in every field everywhere should be totally and permanently discontinued.

Eh, I figure that stuff like finding the next gun for issue to our troops, or a new bomb system, etc...  That's in the government's interest.  I'll even say things for public safety - like a study determining just how much various amounts of intoxication affect driving ability, for example.  That helps set a GOOD limit for DUI.

Beyond that?  More questionable.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Who is the woman doing the interview? She looks really familiar in a "I saw her on TV or something" kind of way.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Nitrogen

• friends
  • Who could it be?
    • @c0t0d0s2 / Twitter.
The turtle tunnel sounds like waste but if you read about it, it makes a lot more sense.  Turtles (and other animals) were getting creamed on a freeway.  (Cars get damaged when creamed by larger animals) so this might make a bit of sense.

The joke telling robot and blackberries for smokers is pretty stupid, though.  The blackberries for smokers is actually a good program, but I wouldn't want my tax dollars funding it.
יזכר לא עד פעם
Remember. Never Again.
What does it mean to be an American?  Have you forgotten? | http://youtu.be/0w03tJ3IkrM