Author Topic: Blue America dissolves union with Red America  (Read 1965 times)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Blue America dissolves union with Red America
« on: December 16, 2014, 10:44:55 PM »
http://townhall.com/columnists/kurtschlichter/2014/12/15/nothing-succeeds-like-liberal-secession-blue-america-without-red-america-would-be-a-basket-case-n1931175

The July 4, 2019, ceremony marking the final dissolution of the United States of America was quite amicable compared to the anger and bitterness of the preceding five years. The 2014 election results created a map clearly defining “Red America” and “Blue America,” and it sparked a debate, unlike any in the last 150 years, over whether the United States should remain united. For many in the leftist coastal states – their progressivism constrained by the overwhelming Congressional advantage of the conservative interior states – the answer was, “No.”

As liberal thought leader Michael Tomasky wrote of the South, “Practically the whole region has rejected nearly everything that’s good about this country and has become just one big nuclear waste site of choleric, and extremely racialized, resentment…. Forget about the whole fetid place. Write it off. Let the GOP have it and run it and turn it into Free-Market Jesus Paradise. The Democrats don’t need it anyway.”

Soon, it became an article of faith within the liberal elite that it was not only their party that did not need the rest of America. Blue America itself, they argued, did not need Red America, economically, intellectually or morally. It was not long until newly-elected Governor De Blasio of New York demanded a national convention to discuss a parting of the ways. The President, her health poor and her heart firmly with the Blue America, half-heartedly tried to stop the movement, but more and more high profile Democrat politicians joined the chorus. The President yielded and called for a “national conversation on the way forward as separate nations.” Red America, furious at her continuation of Barack Obama’s rule by decree and interference in its affairs, agreed to attend.

Two years later, President De Blasio, elected leader of the Democratic States of North America, and President Abbott of the Republic of America, stood together on the platform on the border at St. Louis to sign the Dissolution Pact. The countries split the national debt and apportioned federal assets, while agreeing to temporarily share the currency. They divided the military (along with all nuclear capabilities), but signed a mutual defense agreement. There would be free travel between and through the new nations. “We will remain good neighbors,” President De Blasio remarked, “Even if we are no longer brothers, sisters, or differently-gendered siblings.” President Abbott politely maintained a poker face.

It was on page 2 that I started cheering.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Re: Blue America dissolves union with Red America
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2014, 10:58:09 PM »
Free Market Jesus Paradise?

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2014, 11:07:14 PM »
Free Market Jesus Paradise?

In case you haven't noticed the cultural and economic Marxists hate free markets and the religion of Jesus.

Read = economic liberty and freedom of conscience.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2014, 12:08:25 AM »
I'd sign up for that.

Very little chance a D will win in 2016 barring epic, Christie/Jeb Bush levels of GOP seppuku. After FDR's reign, the only time the same party has kept the White House three consecutive terms was after Reagan. Obama isn't massively popular and beloved the way Reagan was so he doesn't have the coattails. R'e are a lock unless there's a level of idiocy even Karl Rove would have a tough time generating.

Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2014, 12:39:14 AM »
Never underestimate the power of stupidity.
I seriously doubt we will ever see another Republican in the white house let alone an actual conservative.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2014, 06:32:33 AM »
Never underestimate the power of stupidity.
I seriously doubt we will ever see another Republican in the white house let alone an actual conservative.

Agreed.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2014, 08:43:40 AM »
. . .  R'e are a lock unless there's a level of idiocy even Karl Rove would have a tough time generating.
I'm quite sure the main strategy of The Stupid PartyTM will be to prevent a resurgence of the Tea Party and to rein in Ted Cruz and Rand Paul, rather than defeat the Democrats.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

brimic

• friends
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2014, 08:47:29 AM »
I'm quite sure the main strategy of The Stupid PartyTM will be to prevent a resurgence of the Tea Party and to rein in Ted Cruz and Rand Paul, rather than defeat the Democrats.

Its obviously boehner's strategy.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2014, 09:16:34 AM »
RE: the OP.  I dreamt last night that it was true, only to wake sorely disappointed...

Oh, how I wish it would happen....
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2014, 09:17:35 AM »

Blue America dissolves union with Red America

Red State/Blue State doesn't give the true picture.

Google up a red vs. blue election map, at county resolution.   Blue is the urban megapoli and their adjacent vassals.  Red is everywhere else.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2014, 09:56:41 AM »

We will see plenty of republicans in the white house, but it has been discussed in depth on here why "actual conservative" is a minor and shrinking political thought these days, those days are in the past.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2014, 10:06:13 AM »
Didn't read the article yet but just curious as to how the country would be split.  As lee stated the country isn't really split east/west or north/south.

How do you let the left have California, Oregon and the New England states.  Hell even New York if you get out of the city is more red than blue.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

brimic

• friends
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2014, 10:45:35 AM »

Google up a red vs. blue election map, at county resolution.   Blue is the urban megapoli and their adjacent vassals.  Red is everywhere else.

Yes. Even the reddest of red states have blue areas anywhere there is a population center >50,000. Short of the welfare system going TU with a lot of unpleasantness to follow, there isn't any way this is going to change.

Barack Obama

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2014, 11:55:58 AM »

Uh, THAT has already started ....
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2014, 01:04:46 PM »

Ayep.

By county

By actual population

Purple America. There's a thin strip of hardcore blue from Seattle to southern Texas hugging the border and the east coast Blue U, known as the Sprawl. There's also the Red Crescent of the Mid West into the upper Rockies. Aside from that, it's all purple. If the US cracks, the odds of a peaceful stereotyped Coastals vs Middle America is a pleasant but unrealistic fantasy. Think urban and suburban warfare that'd make Iraq look like a Sunday picnic.

The only stereotypical aspects would be a lot of landlocked red country and a lot of easily seiged blue cities. Neither side holds a strategic advantage.

"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2014, 01:31:04 PM »
Didn't read the article yet but just curious as to how the country would be split.  As lee stated the country isn't really split east/west or north/south.

How do you let the left have California, Oregon and the New England states.  Hell even New York if you get out of the city is more red than blue.

The same way Texas outlaws open carry.  It's arbitrary, it's caprecious, and it's "because I said so".

Also, by splitting the left coast from the east coast you wind up with two contries to watch fail, and fail all the quicker.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2014, 01:37:01 PM »
Purple America. There's a thin strip of hardcore blue from Seattle to southern Texas hugging the border and the east coast Blue U, known as the Sprawl. There's also the Red Crescent of the Mid West into the upper Rockies. Aside from that, it's all purple. If the US cracks, the odds of a peaceful stereotyped Coastals vs Middle America is a pleasant but unrealistic fantasy. Think urban and suburban warfare that'd make Iraq look like a Sunday picnic.

The only stereotypical aspects would be a lot of landlocked red country and a lot of easily seiged blue cities. Neither side holds a strategic advantage.

Hehe. Much of the core infrastructure- railway depots, harbors, power generation, refineries, heavy industry, and warehousing is deep in the blue areas- places that would require something of a military presence to keep operational if things did fall apart.
A balkanized America would be a race to the bottom, not a competition to see who comes out on top.

Barack Obama