Author Topic: It's the GUNZ. They'll drive ya' crazy.  (Read 1334 times)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
It's the GUNZ. They'll drive ya' crazy.
« on: July 08, 2015, 03:07:57 PM »
Sweet bouncing Vishnu on a trampoline! (with thanks to firehand for the wording)

http://www.sandiego6.com/news/local/Shooting-in-City-Heights-prompts-lockdown-at-elementary-school-312234571.html

An accidental shooting in City Heights prompted officials to lockdown a nearby elementary school Tuesday. The victim in his 20s was hanging out with friends and "playing with a gun" at Jeremy Henwood Memorial Park – a park named after an SDPD officer gunned down in the line of duty in 2011 – when the weapon discharged and wounded his ankle around 1:45 p.m. At 1:50 p.m., Rosa Parks Elementary School was placed on lockdown for precautionary measures due to the gunfire. Paramedics took the unidentified victim to Scripps Mercy Hospital in Hillcrest to treat the non-life-threatening leg injury, according to SDPD spokesman Matt Tortorella.

Five minutes later - probably the police response time - the school (where officials probably never even heard the shot in the park across the street) is placed on lockdown "for precautionary measures"!

Did they expect all the other guns - the ones just lying in the streets - to come a-running so they too could discharge all on their own like the first one did?  It was either that or everybody was starting to nod off after lunch and needed something to get the old heart rate back up again.  Surely it was not so that they could demonstrate to the taxpayers that they were fully capable of coming and drawing chalk outlines while playing Button, Button, Who's Got the Button looking for some make-believe shooter.

It's the GUNZ, I tell ya'!  They'll drive ya' nuts.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

griz

• friend
Re: It's the GUNZ. They'll drive ya' crazy.
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2015, 04:37:55 PM »
Probably some automatic thing where any 911 caller within some short distance from the school mentions the word (cover your ears folks, I'm going to use the G word) gun, they throw the lockdown switch.  Not that it makes sense either, but it saves a lot of thinking.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2015, 04:53:11 PM »
It's July.  Aren't the kids supposed to be out falling off of their skateboards  ???
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

erictank

• friends
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2015, 09:07:02 AM »
It's July.  Aren't the kids supposed to be out falling off of their skateboards holed up in the basement playing Xbox and swearing at everyone online ???

FTFY.

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2015, 12:31:14 AM »
It's July.  Aren't the kids supposed to be out falling off of their skateboards holed up in the basement playing Xbox and swearing at everyone online  ???

Actually, that would be Jamis.
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2015, 01:00:08 AM »
It's July.  Aren't the kids supposed to be out falling off of their skateboards  ???

Summer school
Elective summer academic programs and "camps"
Pre K programs (it is an elementary school)
Athletic programs
Programs for at risk and low income kids

Basically, a whole lot of reasons for the school to still be occupied during summer break.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2015, 07:21:52 AM »
Much of Kalifornia runs on year round school.

JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2015, 11:21:44 AM »
Much of Kalifornia runs on year round school.

So what's the next step - the state keeping the kids 24/7 ???
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2015, 04:57:22 PM »
So what's the next step - the state keeping the kids 24/7 ???

As a former parent, the idea is tempting - at least on the surface.  Lebensborn would never happen here. [tinfoil]

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.