Author Topic: White House Special Assistant to POTUS goes postal  (Read 2715 times)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
White House Special Assistant to POTUS goes postal
« on: August 11, 2015, 09:47:10 AM »
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/08/10/white-house-aide-arrested-after-allegedly-shooting-gun-at-boyfriend/

Barvetta Singletary, 37, who is a special assistant to President Obama and also holds the title of house legislative liaison, was charged with domestic violence in the incident, which police say occurred at her home in Upper Marlboro, Md.

Police say she summoned her boyfriend, ** an officer with the U.S. Capitol Police** who was not identified, by text message, and the two had sex. Afterward, according to the criminal complaint, Singletary went to the man’s car with him and accused him of dating other women. Inside the car, Singletary allegedly took the man’s cellphones and his service weapon, demanding passwords to unlock messages stored on the phones.

"You taught me how to use this,” Singletary allegedly told the man. “Don't think I won't use it."

"We don't want to take your guns from you" - we just want to use them to scare the crap out of you.

I'm choking as I type this but it seems POTUS may be more rational than at least one of his staff.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
Re: White House Special Assistant to POTUS goes postal
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2015, 09:55:20 AM »
I'm choking as I type this but it seems POTUS may be more rational than at least one of his staff.

That's  just because he knows Michelle can beat him up.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2015, 10:30:58 AM »
http://wjla.com/news/local/white-house-staffer-fires-glock-handgun-at-her-boyfriend-a-capitol-police-officer

Headline reads it was a Glock but the article says she grabbed his service revolver and then racked his gun.   :facepalm:

She grabbed two cell phones and his service revolver from his bag and ran back into her home.

Then she asked him for the passwords to the phones. When he refused, she allegedly racked his gun and said "You taught me how to use this, don't think I won't use it."

When he still would not tell her the phone passwords, the documents said she asked: "Your phone is more important than me holding this gun on you?"
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2015, 10:52:29 AM »
http://wjla.com/news/local/white-house-staffer-fires-glock-handgun-at-her-boyfriend-a-capitol-police-officer

Headline reads it was a Glock but the article says she grabbed his service revolver and then racked his gun.   :facepalm:

Probably loaded with Teflon coated hollow point maximum capacity .50 cal high power armor piercing cop smashing boolits that go halfway around the world, killing babies and puppies by the score.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2015, 11:35:52 AM »
Headline reads it was a Glock but the article says she grabbed his service revolver and then racked his gun.

New life for the WFAR as a Capitol Police issue weapon?

Are they going to start wearing red diapers for uniforms too?

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2015, 11:57:33 AM »
I want to see this Glock Revolver.  That would be interesting.

It said phones.  How many phones did he have?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2015, 01:05:26 PM »
"Service revolver" seems to be a catchphrase from the olden days.  I have noticed that in many reports from GB, almost any handgun is a "revolver" despite its actual mechanics.

From wmenorr67's link,

Prosecutors said the White House aide will not get special treatment.

"This case is going to be handled like any other case would be handled...now our office will screen...take a look at all the evidence we have and make sure there is sufficient evidence to sustain the charges..." Erzen said.

Sure, if you don't look for evidence (fingerprints on gun, nitrate residue on hands, recovered bullet from car, etc, etc, etc) there won't be any.

So there go any "domestic" charges, there go any "unregulated posession of a firearm" in Washington D.C.,  Maryland*, no "discharge of a firearm within the city limits," like you or I might get charged with.

Well, she might get tagged with a noise ordinance violation, though.

I'm looking for a washout, despite Erzin's high words.

Terry

*Correction per wmenorr67's comment below, with thanks.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 02:40:14 PM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2015, 01:09:32 PM »
"Service revolver" seems to be a catchphrase from the olden days.  I have noticed that in many reports from GB, almost any handgun is a "revolver" despite its actual mechanics.

From wmenorr67's link,

Sure, if you don't look for evidence (fingerprints on gun, nitrate residue on hands, recovered bullet from car, etc, etc, etc) there won't be any.

So there go any "domestic" charges, there go any "unregulated posession of a firearm" in Washington D.C.,  no "discharge of a firearm within the city limits," like you or I might get charged with.

Well, she might get tagged with a noise ordinance violation, though.

I'm looking for a washout, despite Erzin's high words.

Terry

Happened in Maryland not D.C.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2015, 01:20:22 PM »
She fired a pistol *AT* her boyfriend and she gets charged with domestic violence?  Why not attempted capitol murder? Or attempted manslaughter? Tell me again how she isn't getting special treatment.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2015, 01:25:22 PM »
She fired a pistol *AT* her boyfriend and she gets charged with domestic violence?  Why not attempted capitol murder? Or attempted manslaughter? Tell me again how she isn't getting special treatment.

1.  She is black

2.  She is an Obama appointee

3.  She is a she

4.  Did I mention she is a black female?

brimic

• friends
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2015, 01:29:01 PM »
Nothing but the finest people in the country surround this president.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2015, 01:56:21 PM »

Female trumps white house aid in this case, I think.

As for the lack of murder charges, there may have been indications that there was no intent to actually hit her boyfriend with the shot, making the shooting sort of like a 'warning shot'.

So still assault, domestic violence, and such, but not attempted murder.  Keep in mind that the boyfriend, like many DV victims, might not want that level of charges.

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2015, 02:25:22 PM »
Here's hoping Ms. Singletary will remain single, and will tarry in a less vital location, preferably a mental health facility at her own expense.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

KD5NRH

• friends
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2015, 02:43:00 PM »
So still assault, domestic violence, and such, but not attempted murder.  Keep in mind that the boyfriend, like many DV victims, might not want that level of charges.

Pretty sure, unless she fired into a convenient clearing barrel or berm, that would still rise to what Texas calls deadly conduct, and it would be such with regard to anyone else who might possibly have been in the path of the shot, so the boyfriend's opinion would be irrelevant.

After looking it up, pointing the gun at anyone becomes class A misdemeanor deadly conduct.  Discharging it in the direction of a person, or the direction of building or vehicle that may be occupied takes it to felony level.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2015, 02:51:22 PM »
Pretty sure, unless she fired into a convenient clearing barrel or berm, that would still rise to what Texas calls deadly conduct, and it would be such with regard to anyone else who might possibly have been in the path of the shot, so the boyfriend's opinion would be irrelevant.

After looking it up, pointing the gun at anyone becomes class A misdemeanor deadly conduct.  Discharging it in the direction of a person, or the direction of building or vehicle that may be occupied takes it to felony level.

Federal employees in the Obama admin have done worse and have been promoted for it.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

grampster

• friend
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2015, 03:00:21 PM »
I wonder why they didn't mention if the revolver had an ambidextrous safety.  :rofl:
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2015, 11:53:44 PM »
I wonder why they didn't mention if the revolver had an ambidextrous safety.  :rofl:

I actually own a revolver with an ambidextrous safety!
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2015, 08:56:24 AM »
Sounds like Mr. Capitol Police referred to Ms. Singletary by the wrong first name, post-coitus.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2015, 09:37:11 AM »
Sounds like Mr. Capitol Police referred to Ms. Singletary by the wrong first name, post-coitus.
Done that! "Shudder"
He's lucky to be alive

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2015, 09:48:26 AM »
Female trumps white house aid in this case, I think.

As for the lack of murder charges, there may have been indications that there was no intent to actually hit her boyfriend with the shot, making the shooting sort of like a 'warning shot'.

Or might be convinced that he doesn't want that level of charges.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

KD5NRH

• friends
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2015, 10:01:00 AM »
I actually own a revolver with an ambidextrous safety!

All of my guns have one; a trigger guard that I can keep both index fingers out of until I'm ready to fire.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2015, 01:36:29 PM »
Md can be peculiar in how they charge

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Mannlicher

• Grumpy Old Gator
  • friend
  • The Bonnie Blue
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2015, 04:52:25 PM »
barack will make a phone call, and this will all dissappear

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2015, 04:57:11 PM »
Md can be is peculiar in how they charge

It's also very hard to figure out how they will treat someone who has committed what the rest of the world considers a crime.  It's almost like they were Democrats. :angel:

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.