Author Topic: Swedish politics: Green Party flusterlcuck edition!  (Read 1480 times)

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
Swedish politics: Green Party flusterlcuck edition!
« on: April 23, 2016, 07:50:22 PM »
So, couple of weeks ago an organization for Turks here in Sweden had a little demonstration in Stockholm, where one of the speakers referred to Armenians as "dogs who should all be shot". Present at this demonstration was Green Party member and Minister Of Housing Mehmet Kaplan, who have previously been connected to various extremist groups, including nationalist groups in Turkey, along with Islamist groups. Due to this, he was forced to resign last week.
http://www.thelocal.se/20160418/swedens-housing-minister-quits-after-row

This week, another of their members ended up in a bit of a bother after it was revealed that he refused to shake hands with women http://www.thelocal.se/20160423/swedish-politician-quits-after-refusing-to-shake-womens-hands
 - this as a member of a party who claims to be part of "the world's first feminist government", and whose platforms is based on the following:
participatory democracy, ecological wisdom, social justice, children's rights, circular economy, global justice, nonviolence, equality and feminism, animal rights, self-reliance and self-administration, freedom, and long-sightedness.
. And now the media, previously in bed with the Left Party & Green Party (The Green Party has about 7% of the votes in the election, but they are overrepresented among journalists) are hounding after them quite relentlessly. It's amusing to finally see their politicans facing some critical questions. =D

Also, one of the leaders of the party (they have two of them, always one male & one female) is also in hot water for referring to the 9/11 attacks as "accidents". When one considers this: http://www.thelocal.se/20160423/green-party-may-have-been-infiltrated-by-islamists-researcher , it's easy to think that this is simply the language used within the Green Party, and that she made an enormous gaffe by using that same language with outsiders. This is the same idiot who broke down crying last November after the government had to take the decision to cut down on the number of "refugees" accepted into the country.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3547291/Sweden-s-deputy-PM-sparks-outcry-describing-9-11-Twin-Towers-attack-September-11-accidents.html

“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: Swedish politics: Green Party flusterlcuck edition!
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2016, 11:34:02 PM »
The world needs another major plague. Either the strong will survive and rebuild the world better or humanity doesn't deserve to continue.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2016, 07:57:52 AM »
You know what they say. "Cut open an environmentalist, and you'll find a Communist radical Muslim."
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: Re: Swedish politics: Green Party flusterlcuck edition!
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2016, 08:04:08 AM »
The world needs another major plague. Either the strong will survive and rebuild the world better or humanity doesn't deserve to continue.
There have been no major wars for "civilized" countries for 70+ years.

Additionally,  the U.S., specifically hasn't had a war in its homeland for 150+

I mention this because one theory about how Japan and Germany so quickly recovered from WWII is that while bombing their industry to dust,  we also did the same to their bureacracies.

After the war, industry recovered long before bureaucracy could.

Meanwhile,  in the U.S., ours has grown unchecked for over a century and a half...
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Re: Re: Swedish politics: Green Party flusterlcuck edition!
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2016, 11:52:35 PM »
There have been no major wars for "civilized" countries for 70+ years.

Additionally,  the U.S., specifically hasn't had a war in its homeland for 150+

I mention this because one theory about how Japan and Germany so quickly recovered from WWII is that while bombing their industry to dust,  we also did the same to their bureacracies.

After the war, industry recovered long before bureaucracy could.

Meanwhile,  in the U.S., ours has grown unchecked for over a century and a half...

I'd be good with bombing our bureaucracy to dust every half-century or so...
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2016, 11:44:10 AM »
You know what they say. "Cut open an environmentalist, and you'll find a Communist radical Muslim."

Good idea. Lets start cutting them open to see what jumps out.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2016, 04:34:01 PM »
If you put this kind of crap in a political novel it would be decried as completely unrealistic.
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2016, 04:56:50 PM »
I would say it demonstrates a poorly recognized truth that leftist leaders rarely believe the crap their followers do.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge