Author Topic: Suspicious Packages sent to Military Bases  (Read 1056 times)

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Suspicious Packages sent to Military Bases
« on: March 27, 2018, 02:18:35 PM »
http://q13fox.com/2018/03/27/seattle-authorities-arrest-man-after-suspicious-packages-sent-to-military-sites/

But that's not really the story to me. The story (that I can't yet find, since it was on the radio) is how Secretary Mattis' mind works.

In the comments on the radio (not in the print story) he says "All the packages -- that is, all the packages we know about -- have been made inert."

I thought that was such an interesting peek into his mental process. He starts with the known information "all the packages have been made inert", but as he's speaking, he realizes the "known unknown"- "do these represent all the packages the nutjob sent?" And so, mid-sentence, he corrects himself to "all KNOWN packages were made inert" so that he is speaking more precisely.

I thought that was an interesting look at how the man's mind works.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Suspicious Packages sent to Military Bases
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2018, 02:20:44 PM »
Meh.

To the Mattis's Superior Thought Process - not about the ominous packages. I hope the bad guy gets something stiffer than a slap on the wrist for workplace violence.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2018, 02:30:19 PM »
Meh.

To the Mattis's Superior Thought Process - not about the ominous packages. I hope the bad guy gets something stiffer than a slap on the wrist for workplace violence.

It seemed to represent a desire to speak as clearly as possible. I don't know if that's "superior", unless you are comparing him to everyone else in DC. Then that is clearly preferable.

I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2018, 05:04:25 PM »
http://www.heraldnet.com/news/everett-man-jailed-suspicious-packages-government/

The alleged perpetrator is from Snohomish County and seems to have some significant psychiatric problems. 

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2018, 05:16:12 PM »
Well, Mattis is certainly ert.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2018, 05:44:14 PM »
http://www.heraldnet.com/news/everett-man-jailed-suspicious-packages-government/

The alleged perpetrator is from Snohomish County and seems to have some significant psychiatric problems

So.....just another Democrat?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2018, 06:47:34 PM »

it would fit the pattern
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2018, 09:29:00 PM »

Only police and military should have guns. But us private citizens get all the mail bombs.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife