Author Topic: Hey Monkeyleg (and Fistful)  (Read 813 times)

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Hey Monkeyleg (and Fistful)
« on: October 03, 2011, 02:44:55 AM »
I'll see your Milwaukee morons, and raise you a Western 'burb idjit.

Some in Congress pursuing politics rather than policy

I was gratified to see the truth reflected recently in the letters of Messers Johnson and Jeffery (Aug. 25) in your paper.

I would like to add parts of a letter I wrote recently to our Rep. Roskam, who seems intent on running lemming-like with certain other members in Congress who seem more interested in politics than sound policy.

Dear Rep. Roskam:

I was saddened, disappointed and more than a little embarrassed to see my representative had voted in favor of the so-called cut, cap and balance proposal.

As a student of history, I am certain you’re familiar with how successful a focus on debt reduction by President Hoover was in averting the Great Depression. I’m also fairly certain you know that President Roosevelt, near the latter period of his terms in office, yielded to political pressure to reduce the deficit after we were just coming out of the Depression, which nearly started us back into recession.

Regarding taxation, I am tired of trust fund babies, hedge fund managers and major corporations paying a significantly lower tax rate (if they pay any tax at all) than I, a working middle class American, do.

You insist on supporting tax subsidies for the privileged few and corporations, including oil companies. I think decades of experience with so-called trickle-down economics have shown what a failure in principle and practice this economic favoritism is.

Please work with the president and other members of Congress to support the middle class so that everyone is paying their fair share to get us out of the mess a decade of government mismanagement has produced.

Tim Bateman, Glen Ellyn

You're welcome.  :P
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
Re: Hey Monkeyleg (and Fistful)
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2011, 09:00:07 AM »
Teh stuped.  It hertz.   :facepalm:
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 09:04:07 AM by sumpnz »
Formerly sumpnz

grampster

• friend
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2011, 09:41:44 AM »
At least the guy admits his peeps have caused most of the problem "...a decade of government mismanagement has produced."  That was the D's, no?
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2011, 10:36:18 AM »
It's good to see the citizenry engaged on these vital issues. What a refreshing change of pace from such tedious topics as, say, a bored old man trying to recreate an obscure movie prop.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2011, 10:44:25 AM »
As a student of history, she very likely dropped out of school after the bell rang on the first day.

What a maroon.

Signed,
A bored old man