Author Topic: Trump is in the Race!  (Read 1636 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Trump is in the Race!
« on: June 16, 2015, 07:14:06 PM »
Turning to the business news this morning, it was pre-empted by Trump's campaign announcement. I'm super sick today, and was basically too lazy and out of it to reach for the remote, so I listened to the last half of an apparently hour long, unscripted, stream of consciousness announcement. Some tidbits:

"When did we ever beat Japan at anything?"
"I'll call the head of Ford and tell him to move his plants back from Mexico, and he will."
"I'll build a great wall on the Southern border".
"I'm rich."

Maybe it was a comedy show and my illness addled mind didn't catch it.

Though I did focus on this during his speech:

http://twitchy.com/2015/06/16/what-is-that-thing-on-his-face-trumps-message-got-trumped-by-this-photos-video/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
Re: Trump is in the Race!
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2015, 07:42:13 PM »
Hey, buffoons are great entertainment on the political stages ....  [popcorn]
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2015, 08:03:04 PM »
Be's a bloviating, bombastic blowhard and a media whore. That said, I think he's probably more competent and trustworthy than the majority of the current field.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2015, 08:20:33 PM »
Be's a bloviating, bombastic blowhard and a media whore. That said, I think he's probably more competent and trustworthy than the majority of the current field.

Yep. At least it more entertainment value.
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2015, 08:35:36 PM »
I have no doubt (unless I'm severely overestimating him) that he's not real serious about winning and is using this to "build his brand" and possibly get up in the ranks enough to get on the ten (?) person list for the debates to hammer on the other guys (and gal). That kind of shaking up wouldn't be bad in my opinion.

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
Re:
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2015, 08:47:31 PM »
Oh I'm certain he's just getting air time.

That said, its a shame I'd take him any day over Obama, Hillery, or several of the GOP folks in the running.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2015, 12:04:47 AM »
Just what we need, one more slimy, greasy *expletive deleted*ck running for president.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

lupinus

• friends
Re:
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2015, 12:30:08 AM »
You say that like someone who isn't would want the job.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2015, 12:19:50 PM »
He's a bloviating, bombastic blowhard and a media whore. That said, I think he's probably more competent and trustworthy than the majority of the current field.
Can't disagree there . . . but that still makes him an order of magnitude better than our current POTUS. (I think that's called damning someone with faint praise.  ;)  )
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
Re:
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2015, 12:31:05 PM »
That said, its a shame I'd take him any day over Obama, Hillery, or several of the GOP folks in the running.

Which basically only means that he's at least as good as a severely brain damaged rhesus monkey with extreme communist leanings.

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2015, 01:14:27 PM »
Trump doesn't care what people think of him, or whether they like what he says.  That means he can't possibly win.  Also means he'll be fun to watch.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2015, 01:26:34 PM »
He is likely better than half the idiots running.  That said, will he pull support from the establishment guys or from the outsiders?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

lupinus

• friends
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2015, 02:46:16 PM »
He is likely better than half the idiots running.  That said, will he pull support from the establishment guys or from the outsiders?
For S&G's, I'll assume for a minute he is actually serious about running this time and isn't just media whoring. I'm not saying that's likely, mind you, just that I'll go with it for pure entertainment value.

I don't think he gives a crap about establishment folks, outsiders, talking heads, or pretty much any special interest groups. The man's got enough of his own money to fund a campaign that outspends the entire rest of the pack, likely several times over, without a dime from anyone being tossed at him. And to still get on with life afterwards if it doesn't work out.

Which means he doesn't need them. He know's it, they know it, and that's why he's being able to say unpopular and inflammatory things and make peoples heads explode. And frankly some of these things have been said for years by folks who have now become disenfranchised by beltway stupidity. Seriously, we aren't even far in to it and it's been fun to watch. All he needs to bank on (again, devils advocate I'll assume for a minute he's serious) is if he says the right unPC things he'll engage people, wake up the majority of folks who feel the same way but generally sit on their ass, even the ones who may not agree with him 100% like him being brutally honest and screwing the political class, and get them to the polls. Which is pretty much what he's said his strategy is.

Will it work, if he takes it long term? Who knows. But it'll be freakin entertaining.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2015, 02:53:00 PM »
/ \
 |
 |

Why I kinda hope he makes it into the first debate. He's sorta to the R's, what Ted Nugent is to the NRA. :)

lupinus

• friends
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2015, 02:59:22 PM »
/ \
 |
 |

Why I kinda hope he makes it into the first debate. He's sorta to the R's, what Ted Nugent is to the NRA. :)
Brutal honesty, even if not in agreement, is a valuable thing. Even if you don't agree with it 100%, most people enjoy it. So sleazeball politician saying what you agree with but don't believe for a second, or entertaining unPC guy who is being brutally honest and not insulting your intelligence that you half agree with? It's a potentially workable strategy, when you don't need to tone it down whisper sweet nothings into the right peoples ear to get your funding.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2015, 03:46:35 PM »
Trump is a crony capitalist slimeball.

He tried to use eminent domain to seize a woman's house so he could tear it down and build a limo parking lot.

That tells you all you need to know about what he thinks about regular people.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vera_Coking

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2015, 04:41:28 PM »
I misread this title at first, seeing "Triumph of the Race", and immediatly got associations to Leni Riefenstahl's "Triump of the Will", and wondered what this movie would be about.
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

brimic

• friends
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2015, 05:03:17 PM »
Trump is a crony capitalist slimeball.

He tried to use eminent domain to seize a woman's house so he could tear it down and build a limo parking lot.

That tells you all you need to know about what he thinks about regular people.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vera_Coking

Trump, Bob Guccione, then Carl Icahn??? Is there a single person in Atlantic City who isn't a slimeball?
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2015, 06:19:43 PM »
I only watched enough to see the piece of fluff in the floaty top walk down the stairs - nice under-bewb.

Shame it had to be ruined by The Donald being in the shot.

It continues to amuse me that every klown running for any office says "I will ...." as if they had a genie in their back pocket.  About the only one I'd believe is the General/Admiral that promises to unleash the military on Congress and the bureaucracy if they don't fall in line.  (No matter how illegal any order might be, the chance to get some trigger time against the folks that have made life unbearable ought to be irresistible.)

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.