Author Topic: Trump going to skip the debate?  (Read 2738 times)

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Re: Trump going to skip the debate?
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2016, 03:02:21 PM »
I do agree both with Scott Adams said, but it also looks to me like Trump got bullied by a girl.  I am disappointed in Fox in behaving like the MSM and not being above the fray.   

While the Trumpsters won't watch without their boy there, the debate itself, will be a much better one, without Trump bloviating through it.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2016, 03:56:20 PM »
Um... Fox is MSM.
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

JN01

• friend
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2016, 05:06:32 PM »
Trump also said that a “wise-guy press release” that the network issued earlier on Tuesday belittling him was inappropriately antagonistic and childish.

Pot, meet kettle.

Refusing to face a few (what he perceives will be) hard questions makes him seem like a weak crybaby.  I wish he would just take his ball and go home.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2016, 05:27:27 PM »
I do agree both with Scott Adams said, but it also looks to me like Trump got bullied by a girl.  I am disappointed in Fox in behaving like the MSM and not being above the fray.   

While the Trumpsters won't watch without their boy there, the debate itself, will be a much better one, without Trump bloviating through it.

I suspect there will be some debate questions about Trump (directly and/or indirectly) and the candidates will spend a fair amount of time discussing Trump, or distancing themselves from him or glomming onto him.

It seems it would have made sense to keep Kelly off the roster from the get-go, given the history between her and one of the candidates.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2016, 05:37:02 PM »
It seems it would have made sense to keep Kelly off the roster from the get-go, given the history between her and one of the candidates.

Can't argue with that. The pissing match between Trump and Fox does a disservice to the other candidates and to voters hoping for a substantive discussion.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2016, 06:39:56 PM »
Pot, meet kettle.

Refusing to face a few (what he perceives will be) hard questions makes him seem like a weak crybaby.  I wish he would just take his ball and go home.

Not really.  It is a demonstration that Trump does not need MSM-contrived exposure or intermediation. 

Willingly walking into a hostile venue, as the GOP candidates have done for decades, makes little sense if you can manage to get your message out and drown the other guys' message without showing up into the jimmy-kicking zone.  Drowning their message by the controversy itself sucking up all the MSM oxygen...and drowning their message by not providing them with millions of new viewers.

[Think about it: some of those new & curious viewers Trump brought to the debates saw another candidate and liked what they saw.  I think Cruz benefited most from this.]

Hopefully the fallout from this transcends Trump and blazes the path for future right/con candidates who will not get a fair shake from the MSM.

Besides, it is hi-freaking-larious to see folk who generally would holler "Heck yeah!" [fist pump] to a Republican growing a spine and telling the MSM operatives-with-bylines to go pound sand...call Trump a crybaby for telling the MSM operatives-with-bylines to go pound sand.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2016, 06:46:31 PM »
Letting the MSM have total control of the debates is letting the MSM control the narrative.

We are in this mess because we have let the MSM/government control the narrative all along.

What they care about and the story they tell doesn't match what flyover country experiences or wants.

Trump has tapped into it and like rooster said, he is acting like a boss, controlling the narrative.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2016, 07:52:32 PM »

Besides, it is hi-freaking-larious to see folk who generally would holler "Heck yeah!" [fist pump] to a Republican growing a spine and telling the MSM operatives-with-bylines to go pound sand...call Trump a crybaby for telling the MSM operatives-with-bylines to go pound sand.

There's a way to do that without sounding like a hungry, angry baby. Both Cruz and Fiorina have done it, both with various media outlets and with Trump. Cruz, most notably, with CNBC. Trump comes off whiny to everyone but the Trumpites.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
Re: Re: Trump going to skip the debate?
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2016, 10:36:43 PM »
Letting the MSM have total control of the debates is letting the MSM control the narrative.

We are in this mess because we have let the MSM/government control the narrative all along.

What they care about and the story they tell doesn't match what flyover country experiences or wants.

Trump has tapped into it and like rooster said, he is acting like a boss, controlling the narrative.
So, basically, Trump has won the debate before the debate even happens.....interesting....

Having Kelly anywhere near this debate is just a play for ratings....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2016, 02:35:29 AM »
So, basically, Trump has won the debate before the debate even happens.....interesting....

Having Kelly anywhere near this debate is just a play for ratings....

So what we're saying is that presidential election debates have become the latest incarnation of reality television. Sort of like "The Real Presidential Candidates of Dubuque, Iowa."

Good to know. I am SOOOO glad I cancelled by DirecTV service last year.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2016, 08:14:07 AM »
So what we're saying is that presidential election debates have become the latest incarnation of reality television. Sort of like "The Real Presidential Candidates of Dubuque, Iowa."

Good to know. I am SOOOO glad I cancelled by DirecTV service last year.

Republican rhetoric hasn't matched Republican governance for so long that I know I'm not missing anything. 
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2016, 03:08:39 PM »
I'm glad he did this. It's something other Republicans should have done long ago.

Republicans have never gotten fair treatment in the debates from any network. The questions given to them are always more difficult or loaded than those given to Democrats.

Trump just said, "I'm not going to play this game, and I don't have to." He was going to get the attention whether he attended or not.

The way he's been breaking traditional rules may set a good precedent for Republicans in the future

MikeB

• friend
« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2016, 03:34:08 PM »
I'm not particularly a Trump fan, but the original debate question by Megan Kelly was not a fair tough question. It was a stupid pc question. It was an attempt to take Trump out at that first debate. She should not be moderating this debate after the back and forth between her and Trump since then.

Moderators need to be as impartial as possible, though we know conservatives specifically and republicans in general are often at a disadvantage in debates due to left wing moderators. Just look at how Candy Crowley acted in that Romney/Obama debate.

And as others have stated, it's beginning to look like Trump doesn't need the Media, even the more rightish Fox.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2016, 08:39:20 PM »
http://thefederalist.com/2016/01/28/trumps-new-pro-veterans-website-directs-all-donations-to-trumps-personal-foundation/

:rofl:

Not sure what I expected him to do, but I'm not all that surprised by the linked article either.