Author Topic: Trump is losing the vote of white people with a college degree  (Read 1341 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
http://www.npr.org/2016/08/12/489499596/the-latest-clinton-converts-white-college-educated-voters?utm_medium=RSS&utm_campaign=news

White people with college degrees are generally reliable Republican voters.  Not so in this election.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

HankB

• friend
Re: Trump is losing the vote of white people with a college degree
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2016, 11:46:55 AM »
I'm a white person with college degrees, and he hasn't lost my vote.

(Even if it is more "anti-Hillary" than "pro-Trump" . . . but then again, I've been casting negative ballots for decades.)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2016, 11:51:59 AM »
I'm a white person w/out one and I wouldn't say right now he lost my vote, he never had it, he might earn it.

Neither of the white woman in the running aren't going to earn it.

Right now it is between Johnson and Trump.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2016, 12:17:44 PM »
Well, a lot of younger people are getting college degrees these days, and look at what kind of "education" they're getting. We reap what we sow.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

brimic

• friends
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2016, 02:26:15 PM »
I'm a white person with college degrees, and he hasn't lost my vote.

(Even if it is more "anti-Hillary" than "pro-Trump" . . . but then again, I've been casting negative ballots for decades.)
+1
If Trump wanted to cement my vote and probably 10s of millions of others, he should take a stand where he will prosecute all of the criminal acts by obama and hillary if he's elected.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2016, 02:28:52 PM »
If Trump wanted to cement my vote and probably 10s of millions of others, he should take a stand where he will prosecute all of the criminal acts by obama and hillary if he's elected.

It's only a four year term.  Can't expect him to get to all of those.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2016, 03:07:44 PM »
Well, a lot of younger people are getting college degrees these days, and look at what kind of "education" they're getting. We reap what we sow.

Exactly.

If true this not only tells us about the failure of our education system but it also tells us much about our nations moral condition.

Hillary is so manifestly corrupt, bought and paid for, that if the country elects her I can only surmise that a majority of the country is also corrupt.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2016, 03:36:44 PM »
What does it say about the state of our country when the "best" the two major parties can do is Trump and Clinton?
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

brimic

• friends
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2016, 04:07:38 PM »
What does it say about the state of our country when the "best" the two major parties can do is Trump and Clinton?

Well on the (R) side, they could have ended up with jeb or kasich, which is arguably worse.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2016, 04:47:43 PM »

They are the best at succeeding at the corrupt broken system we use to choose our Presidential candidates.

Maybe it is time for a better system that will allow better candidates to succeed.

Aren't the primaries and conventions relatively recent? 
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

KD5NRH

• friends
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2016, 05:02:58 PM »
They are the best at succeeding at the corrupt broken system we use to choose our Presidential candidates.

Maybe it is time for a better system that will allow better candidates to succeed.

This.  In the meantime, Trump's prior successes against the broken system have been a hell of a lot nobler than Hillary's.

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2016, 05:40:38 PM »
+1

But then he would have to devote his attention to living until the inauguration.
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

KD5NRH

• friends
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2016, 05:49:55 PM »
But then he would have to devote his attention to living until the inauguration.

He has the resources.  Wouldn't be surprised if he's got at least his closest security detail running body mics 24x7 with instructions that if anyone tries to buy their loyalty away from them, he'll buy that person's head for 25% more.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2016, 06:03:31 PM »
It is sad when NPR shows (and their guests) crap all over both candidates.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536