Author Topic: Trump Destroys the Earth  (Read 4698 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Trump Destroys the Earth
« on: June 01, 2017, 06:34:18 PM »
We're out of the Paris Climate Accord.

Holy *expletive deleted*ck did my stocks go up in the last hour of trading!

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/06/01/trump-u-s-to-withdraw-from-paris-climate-pact-calls-it-unfair-for-america.html
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Re: Trump Destroys the Earth
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2017, 07:28:01 PM »
Again, he will go down as the only politician who once voted into office has kept his word. 

It's going to be really hard not to vote for him in 2020...
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2017, 08:27:54 PM »
And Elon Musk, the Tesla billionaire, said he was quitting advising the White House, tweeting: 'Leaving Paris is not good for America or the world.'

Is it a co-inkeedink that Elon Musk happens to sell electric cars?

Didn't think so.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2017, 10:01:27 PM »
I am enjoying the renewed flow of liberal outrage.  All the usual suspects hate the decision which only reinforces my happiness. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2017, 10:03:55 PM »
The angst hasn't been this sweet since November 9th.  I recommend the reddit comments on any given trump tantrum thread.  The 1600 was a fine vintage for only 6 hours ago  >:D
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2017, 10:18:11 PM »
And Elon Musk, the Tesla billionaire, said he was quitting advising the White House, tweeting: 'Leaving Paris is not good for America or the world.'

Is it a co-inkeedink that Elon Musk happens to sell electric cars?

His motives are pretty obvious, and I expected similar from those hip & image-conscious companies like Apple, Google, and Facebook. I was surprised and a bit puzzled to see the heads of ConocoPhillips, Exxon & Dow Chemical supporting the agreement though.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2017, 10:35:39 PM »
Follow the money.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2017, 11:02:58 PM »
Somebody thought it would be a good idea to get everyone on the side of the global warmers by showing what would happen to DC if sea level drastically rose.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

http://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2017/06/01/more-swamp-to-drain-map-of-flooded-washington-dc-shows-the-upside-of-climate-change/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2017, 06:47:35 AM »
His motives are pretty obvious, and I expected similar from those hip & image-conscious companies like Apple, Google, and Facebook. I was surprised and a bit puzzled to see the heads of ConocoPhillips, Exxon & Dow Chemical supporting the agreement though.

Their companies have undoubtedly invested in technologies aimed at mollifying the climate change fanatics, and now they fear the investments may not pay off (at least not as quickly as they hoped). Nothing is stopping any company from going ahead with "clean" technology if they really believe that's what the future of the planet requires. Their big problem is that now the feral government won't be forcing people to buy and use their new technology.

Boo hoo.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2017, 08:27:30 AM »
Their companies have undoubtedly invested in technologies aimed at mollifying the climate change fanatics, and now they fear the investments may not pay off (at least not as quickly as they hoped).
Yeah I have no doubt they've hedged their bets a bit with some clean tech, doing so is a smart business move. However, I wouldn't have expected it to be enough to outweigh the investments they have in fossil fuels and continuing business as usual.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2017, 10:07:05 AM »
Their companies have undoubtedly invested in technologies aimed at mollifying the climate change fanatics, and now they fear the investments may not pay off (at least not as quickly as they hoped).
You mean they had implemented the Solyndra business model?  >:D
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2017, 10:12:31 AM »
I really love this Sean Spicer parody account that is always featured on Twitchy. Reels them right in everytime.  :laugh:

http://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2017/06/02/so-much-butthurt-spicer-parodys-climate-change-tweet-causes-most-hilarious-lefty-meltdown-yet/

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2017, 10:14:40 AM »
Also, the countries in the Accord who are saving the Earth this way (number of new coal plants):

« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 10:49:54 AM by Ben »

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2017, 10:44:38 AM »
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2017, 11:01:57 AM »
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2017, 11:03:59 AM »
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

MikeB

• friend
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2017, 11:22:00 AM »
I guess we finally have proof that Trump is in over his head, incompetent and completely unsuited to be president. He completely failed to properly destroy the world yesterday. It was still here when I woke up this morning. I thought I was finally going to get a day off from work, but no he can't even destroy the world properly.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2017, 11:57:23 AM »
Very interesting read (stole it from C&SD FB post) http://www.breitbart.com/economics/2017/05/31/every-bad-thing-avoided-rejecting-paris-climate-accords/

Another "very bad thing" about the Paris Accords was that they were designed in part to circumvent the U.S. Senate, and were in many ways geared towards an Executive like Obama, who would be happy to either push as far as he could, or actually engage in extra-Constitutional/unconstitutional bureaucratic rulemaking to get it done.

So even if a President like Trump wouldn't make those rules, or rolled them back, or ordered they be ignored, it would have emboldened/empowered the next Obama to make full use of it.
I promise not to duck.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2017, 12:02:19 PM »
Trump might as well go ahead and destroy the world.   >:D  There is no way doing so could possibly make the left hate him more than they already do.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2017, 12:04:21 PM »
Trump might as well go ahead and destroy the world.   >:D  There is no way doing so could possibly make the left hate him more than they already do.
But doing it slowly piece by piece is so much more entertaining

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2017, 02:14:24 PM »
Moron NYC mayor, right after telling NYC citizens to step up and do "little things" (like take public transportation) to "save the planet" if Trump won't, is asked why he won't take public transportation to the gym every day instead of an SUV: "Because it would be cheap symbolism." I guess that also explains Gore, DeCaprio, etc.

http://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2017/06/02/hypocrite-alert-climate-alarmist-mayor-dismisses-leading-by-example-as-cheap-symbolism/

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2017, 06:18:40 PM »
Moron NYC mayor, right after telling NYC citizens to step up and do "little things" (like take public transportation) to "save the planet" if Trump won't, is asked why he won't take public transportation to the gym every day instead of an SUV: "Because it would be cheap symbolism." I guess that also explains Gore, DeCaprio, etc.

http://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2017/06/02/hypocrite-alert-climate-alarmist-mayor-dismisses-leading-by-example-as-cheap-symbolism/

Excellent. He doesn't realize how he's just served his country with this public, and nearly text-book example of limousine (SUV) "liberalism." Thank you, Mr. Mayor.

And now, for a nice example of specious reasoning "liberalism" -

http://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2017/06/02/just-sad-ted-cruz-perfectly-schools-harvard-chair-on-americas-founding-bonus-elon-musk-slam/

"Founders, you didn't build that! Somebody else made that happen!"
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2017, 11:49:02 PM »
Comment on Ted versus Joyce:

"This would have only been better if he’d said something about how much she paid for her fancy education and how much he paid for his library card..."

Immortalize that one!  Quickly!
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2017, 10:36:43 AM »
One of the hypocrites complaining is of course, Hillary Clinton. The URL below mentions something I hadn't heard of before. She took a private jet to a fundraiser 20 miles from where she was. If nothing else (and Fly320s should jump in here), even with Secret Service priority, you have to drive to the airport, board the plane, taxi, takeoff, land, taxi, deplane, drive to the fundraiser. Did she even save any time versus taking maybe twice as long than driving?

http://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2017/06/02/slam-tastic-tucker-carlson-torches-lib-eco-hypocrites-in-90-seconds-video/

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2017, 04:19:57 PM »
One of the hypocrites complaining is of course, Hillary Clinton. The URL below mentions something I hadn't heard of before. She took a private jet to a fundraiser 20 miles from where she was. If nothing else (and Fly320s should jump in here), even with Secret Service priority, you have to drive to the airport, board the plane, taxi, takeoff, land, taxi, deplane, drive to the fundraiser. Did she even save any time versus taking maybe twice as long than driving?

http://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2017/06/02/slam-tastic-tucker-carlson-torches-lib-eco-hypocrites-in-90-seconds-video/

20 miles?  No way she could fly that quicker than driving unless there was serious traffic or other delays.  Maybe she wanted to have the plane with her because she was flying somewhere else after.  Still... 20 miles is close.  Where was she? 
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?