Author Topic: Trump has flipped the 9th Circuit — and some new judges are causing a shock wave  (Read 950 times)

MechAg94

• friend
https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-02-22/trump-conservative-judges-9th-circuit?_amp=true&__twitter_impression=true
When President Trump ticks off his accomplishments since taking office, he frequently mentions his aggressive makeover of a key sector of the federal judiciary — the circuit courts of appeal, where he has appointed 51 judges to lifetime jobs in three years.

Smith predicted the full effect of the Trump appointees won’t be seen until 2021, when they will be carrying full caseloads.

But even now Democratic appointees are likely to be more reluctant to ask for 11-judge panels to review conservative decisions because the larger en banc panels, chosen randomly, might be dominated by Republicans, judges said.

That happened in July after a panel of the three Republican appointees upheld a Trump ruling denying federal family planning funds to clinics that referred women for abortions. A Democratic appointee called for en banc review, and a majority voted in favor. But the randomly selected 11-member panel had a majority of Republican appointees, including two named by Trump.

It will be interesting to see what happens in the next few years.   =)
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
Hawaai and the 9th Circuit
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2020, 01:41:16 PM »
I wonder if this may be the time for the oppressive Hawaaian gun laws to be reviewed.  Haven't been on that site for quite a while (used to be one of my favorite gun sites, since I'm an "underdog fanboi" but I kinda gave up on them making any progress.)

Maybe I'll hop on over there and do some snooping around again:

https://2ahawaii.com/index.php?action=refferals;refferedby=23

One of their biggest problems is the high percentage of "the Government is the font of all wisdom, knowledge, and banificence" people in the population.  "Banificence" is not a typo.

Terry, 230RN

WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
^ I did not intend to make a new sub-subject, just an additional post.  I have no idea what happened to generate a new thread under the old thread, but my sentiment stands.

???
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

MechAg94

• friend
I heard an interview with Stephen Stamboulieh who is a second amendment attorney.  He mentioned a couple of cases including a taser case, but it was still early.  He said a couple of his cases the court delayed to wait and see what the SC rules on in the New York case on restricting travel with your gun.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge