Author Topic: Trump is rallying again...  (Read 4400 times)

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
Trump is rallying again...
« on: July 02, 2021, 07:03:30 PM »
...and the true believers are going crazy.

https://thirdratepundit.com/trump-derangement-works-both-ways/
Blog under construction

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: Trump is rallying again...
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2021, 09:01:36 PM »
Random thought: If Trump runs again, he can only be elected to the presidency one more time. But ...

Amendment 22 to the Constitution:

No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice, and no person who has held the office of President, or acted as President, for more than two years of a term to which some other person was elected President shall be elected to the office of President more than once. But this Article shall not apply to any person holding the office of President when this Article was proposed by Congress, and shall not prevent any person who may be holding the office of President, or acting as President, during the term within which this Article becomes operative from holding the office of President or acting as President during the remainder of such term.

It's one of those "Nah, never happen" scenarios, but it's within the law (as I read it) that Trump could be elected again and serve one term. He could then turn around and run as the VP candidate behind his VP. If they win, the new President could then resign from office, making Trump president for a third term.

If Trump were to be elected again, I wish he would make good on two of his promises from 2016: (1) Build the wall; and (2) universal, national carry reciprocity.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

ConstitutionCowboy

• friend
  • My Gender and Pronouns are Standard.
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2021, 09:32:06 PM »
I agree he should finish the wall. As for "national reciprocity", I don't want the federal government involved. It would amount to recognition and approval by the federal government that the several states can infringe on the RKBA. I won't be happy until all infringements are repealed - on both the federal and state levels. Anyone so adjudicated who cannot be trusted out in society with arms, if not executed, belongs in prison or an institution until it can be proven in a court of law that they are no longer a threat to society. Period.

Woody
   "Knowing the past, I'll not surrender any arms and march less prepared into the future."   B.E.Wood

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2021, 10:27:41 PM »
Need trumpism without the Don. DJT Jr. maybe. Or Owens/Ivanka. I liked trumps results but probably would never have got on with hime personally. 2024 he is older, more bitter, more unhinged.

If we get that far. The installation of Kamala may end it all.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2021, 11:09:18 PM »
Random thought: If Trump runs again, he can only be elected to the presidency one more time. But ...

It's one of those "Nah, never happen" scenarios, but it's within the law (as I read it) that Trump could be elected again and serve one term. He could then turn around and run as the VP candidate behind his VP. If they win, the new President could then resign from office, making Trump president for a third term.

If Trump were to be elected again, I wish he would make good on two of his promises from 2016: (1) Build the wall; and (2) universal, national carry reciprocity.

I think the V. P.  has to qualify to be president under the law to be V. P.  in the first pkace,  and if Trump is elected again he could not then run as V. P. for this reason.  IANAL,  but that's how it's been explained to me.  :O
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2021, 11:10:23 PM »
We don't need a "wall." We need a fence. With patrols.
Blog under construction

TommyGunn

• friend
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2021, 11:30:06 PM »
We don't need a "wall." We need a fence. With patrols.
No, a moat, with alligators, piranha, sharks, moray eels ....  [popcorn]
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2021, 11:34:06 PM »
I think the V. P.  has to qualify to be president under the law to be V. P.  in the first pkace,  and if Trump is elected again he could not then run as V. P. for this reason.  IANAL,  but that's how it's been explained to me.  :O

I quoted the text of the 22nd Amendment. "No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice, ..."

Words have meaning. If he is elected as Vice President, and then takes the office of President by virtue of the order of succession, he would not have been elected a third time. It does not say that no person may serve as President three times -- it says no person shall be elected more than twice.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2021, 11:36:18 PM »
If it makes some of my hipster neighbors start to froth at the mouth... works for me.
Blog under construction

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2021, 01:43:28 AM »
Oh, does that still matter?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2021, 01:45:57 AM »
My only concern is will him running cause the left to rally more than they really should?  I don't really want him and his campaign to overshadow the mid-term elections.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2021, 08:05:49 AM »
I wish Trump would have won the last election. I truly believe that there is more than enough evidence to show that election fraud, big tech, and the MSM swayed the outcome.

Nevertheless, I think Trump's role now is something other than running for President a second time. I believe a second Trump run would end badly, not just for Trump, but for the right. Big tech and the MSM would absolutely censor and "curate" the election (not that they won't do that to whoever runs, but especially for Trump).

It's way too early, but at this point DeSantis has been standing out to me as a guy who does Trump-like policy, but without the Trump twitter baggage or Trump's tendency to go junior high school anytime anyone says anything about him. I like Noem as well.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2021, 08:08:59 AM »
With the Democrats firmly in control of the election apparatus in this country, does it really matter who runs for office on the Republican side?  In my opinion, all the talk about the Republicans taking back control of Congress in 2022 is just wishful thinking.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2021, 10:02:37 AM »
With the Democrats the media and Deep State Republicans firmly in control of the election apparatus in this country, does it really matter who runs for office on the Republican side?  In my opinion, all the talk about the Republicans taking back control of Congress in 2022 is just wishful thinking.

Lot's a blame to go around.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2021, 10:34:18 AM »
With the Democrats firmly in control of the election apparatus in this country, does it really matter who runs for office on the Republican side?  In my opinion, all the talk about the Republicans taking back control of Congress in 2022 is just wishful thinking.

Are you going to vote next year?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2021, 12:05:01 PM »

Agreed, but G-d, let us both be wrong.  As I said dozens of times, "The Fix is in."

On the other hand, the "alerts" over the last vote-counting controversy may suppress the Dems' passion to generate votes.  And by "generate" I don't mean busing valid voters to the polls. :mad:

I mean "generate."

"Oh, but Terry, there's no proof of voting fraud."

As I also said before...

https://www.armedpolitesociety.com/index.php?topic=64720.msg1310797#msg1310797

1. There can be no suspicion without observation
2. There can be no investigation without suspicion
3. There can be no proof without investigation.

Note that Truth is not attainable if this process is interrupted at any point.

So when a group cries "There is no proof," they assume you are too stupid to catch on to where they interrupted the process.

Of course there's no proof. The process was interrupted between 1 and 2.

Terry, 230RN
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2021, 12:14:42 PM »
I think the biggest thing to emerge from the 2020 election was the concept among the intelligentsia that "Fraud is okay if we're doing it."
Blog under construction

ConstitutionCowboy

• friend
  • My Gender and Pronouns are Standard.
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2021, 04:01:36 PM »
I quoted the text of the 22nd Amendment. "No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice, ..."

Words have meaning. If he is elected as Vice President, and then takes the office of President by virtue of the order of succession, he would not have been elected a third time. It does not say that no person may serve as President three times -- it says no person shall be elected more than twice.

Good point. It's one I missed. Thank you.

Woody
   "Knowing the past, I'll not surrender any arms and march less prepared into the future."   B.E.Wood

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2021, 05:09:09 PM »
Are you going to vote next year?

I honestly don't know at this point.  If it looks like the Dems are cranking their fraud machine up to eleven again, probably not.  There really isn't much keeping them from cranking it up as they proved its efficacy last November.  They will almost certainly refine things before Nov. 2022.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2021, 05:28:31 PM »
I honestly don't know at this point.  If it looks like the Dems are cranking their fraud machine up to eleven again, probably not.  There really isn't much keeping them from cranking it up as they proved its efficacy last November.  They will almost certainly refine things before Nov. 2022.

Do you see the problem with not voting?

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2021, 05:35:02 PM »
Do you see the problem with not voting?

If there is absolutely no way for your supported candidate to win an election, then what is the point of voting?  And please don't raise that hoary canard about a single vote making a difference.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2021, 05:46:48 PM »
If there is absolutely no way for your supported candidate to win an election, then what is the point of voting?  And please don't raise that hoary canard about a single vote making a difference.

I'm not going to say anything about a single vote, except that they add up to multiple votes. There is no way your candidate will win, if a bunch of his supporters stay home. Remember, the fewer the votes for the other guy, the easier it is to cheat.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2021, 05:56:05 PM »
I'm not going to say anything about a single vote, except that they add up to multiple votes. There is no way your candidate will win, if a bunch of his supporters stay home. Remember, the fewer the votes for the other guy, the easier it is to cheat.

Yes.

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2021, 10:17:00 PM »

It CAN happen.  Over 100 years ago, Grover Cleveland served two NON-consecutive terms as President, #22 and #24.
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

TommyGunn

• friend
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2021, 10:49:41 PM »
It CAN happen.  Over 100 years ago, Grover Cleveland served two NON-consecutive terms as President, #22 and #24.

That was a long time ago.  After FDR  they passed an amendment limiting the president to two terms.