Author Topic: we are the new separate but equal?  (Read 1728 times)

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
we are the new separate but equal?
« on: August 21, 2012, 12:43:51 AM »
I heard on foxnews today the CO university is segregating ccw's into their own dorm, and all others in other dorms...I can see those dorms getting burglarized - but not mass shootings!

sorry, no link!
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Re: we are the new separate but equal?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2012, 12:56:11 AM »
I'll take that kind of segregation any day of the week.

The hairy eurofrench chicks and hipsterdouches that can strum the rhythm to 3 songs to get laid can go over to one set of dorms.  Put me in the other dorms with a bunch of other gun owners and people that are literate and thoughtful enough at 21 to want a gun and obtain the CCW as a priority at that age.

Theft?

Yeah, right.  Concealed means concealed.  Were I in college, I'd have 1 gun.  On me all the time except when sleeping, and then it's handy somewhere nearby.

I pity any thief that tries to steal from a building FULL of gun owners who are savvy enough to go through CCW processes and politically motivated enough to organize into a cohesive unit.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2012, 01:08:30 AM »

hipsterdouches that can strum the rhythm to 3 songs to get laid can go over to one set of dorms. 

LOL, that was me in the 80's - I wanted a gun but it was NYC.

T
Theft?

Yeah, right.  Concealed means concealed.  Were I in college, I'd have 1 gun.  On me all the time except when sleeping, and then it's handy somewhere nearby.

I pity any thief that tries to steal from a building FULL of gun owners who are savvy enough to go through CCW processes and politically motivated enough to organize into a cohesive unit.

Well, the "rules" say it must be locked up, no word on how they plan to enforce that ( I doubt that would stand up in court too, I guess we'll see )
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2012, 08:43:29 AM »
I'd be interested in seeing that, once a link is found.

Ahh, those wild and crazy guys in John Browning Hall!

More likely, get them all together, and you'll see a bunch of visibly more mature individuals.

(Over 21, even more likely they're all living in their own apartments off campus anyway.)
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2012, 09:16:42 AM »
The hairy eurofrench chicks and hipsterdouches that can strum the rhythm to 3 songs to get laid can go over to one set of dorms.  Put me in the other dorms with a bunch of other gun owners and people that are literate and thoughtful enough at 21 to want a gun and obtain the CCW as a priority at that age.

If I could go back, I'd get a CCW just so I don't have to deal with the hippy-wannabe-pot-waistoids who have very poor hygeine and introduce a lice infestation to a population of people packed into close quarters.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2012, 10:45:22 AM »
Yes, the separation is between the realists and and the fantasts.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2012, 12:20:10 PM »
. . .  Were I in college, I'd have 1 gun.  On me all the time except when sleeping, and then it's handy somewhere nearby. . . .
I did my undergrad work at a college in Chicago that was surrounded on three sides by ghetto/housing projects. I have reason to believe that more than one student was - very discretely! - carrying a gun despite Chicago's gun laws.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2012, 03:29:11 PM »
So, i should send my daughter to Colorado for class?
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2012, 03:36:35 PM »
Another linkage: http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_21332647/cu-segregate-dorms-students-concealed-carry-permits

ETA:  I wonder what dorm the criminals will stay away from?
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2012, 07:09:01 PM »
Linkage:  http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2012/08/daniel-zimmerman/cu-boulder-faculty-chairman-will-stand-in-the-schoolhouse-door/

“My own personal policy in my classes is if I am aware that there is a firearm in the class — registered or unregistered, concealed or unconcealed — the class session is immediately canceled,” Peterson said. “I want my students to feel unconstrained in their discussions.”

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2012, 08:01:32 AM »
Youda thunk the VaTech shooting would cause college admin to rock back on their heels and think just a smidge.  I guess not.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2012, 08:10:58 AM »
Youda thunk the VaTech shooting would cause college admin to rock back on their heels and think just a smidge.  I guess not.

Of course not. University administrators are usually space cadets with little connection to reality.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!