Author Topic: Distributing 1 ton of marijuna = life sentence?  (Read 8864 times)

Tecumseh

• friend
Re: Distributing 1 ton of marijuna = life sentence?
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2008, 06:02:35 PM »
Great idea, lets punish a crippled man for trying to enjoy his life a career criminal for knowingly comitting his third federal offense.

There.  Fixed it for you.

Brad
  So you would consider giving life sentences to some of the career criminals in this thread over at THR...

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=284499&highlight=judged+twelve

Just because it is the law does not mean it is right.  I know some people feel that abortion is wrong, well the law says that it is legal, does this mean the law is right?  (I am pro-choice myself but it was the quickest example I could think of.)

cassandra and sara's daddy

« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2008, 06:03:57 PM »
If he was an HA (and they don't like to do large business with outsiders), or he was closely involved enough with the HAs that he was moving that kind of weight, he has a violent past.
  It said that he worked with members of the Canadian Hells Angels (and they like to do large business with outsiders as it protects them in a lot of ways) and he was moving that much weight it is unlikely he has a violent past.  Most likely he was letting them do the violent acts associated with the business.  He was probably letting them do the distribution to the street where as he distributed to them.  But hey, lets punish him because he sold a product that some people disagree with.

rarely have  seen a pooer understanding of the dope distribution network and how it works.  you should get a job with the dea   managment material

Tecumseh

• friend
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2008, 06:25:24 PM »
If he was an HA (and they don't like to do large business with outsiders), or he was closely involved enough with the HAs that he was moving that kind of weight, he has a violent past.
  It said that he worked with members of the Canadian Hells Angels (and they like to do large business with outsiders as it protects them in a lot of ways) and he was moving that much weight it is unlikely he has a violent past.  Most likely he was letting them do the violent acts associated with the business.  He was probably letting them do the distribution to the street where as he distributed to them.  But hey, lets punish him because he sold a product that some people disagree with.

rarely have  seen a pooer understanding of the dope distribution network and how it works.  you should get a job with the dea   managment material
  Explain it to me, please. 

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2008, 03:21:18 AM »
I'm curious as well about his alleged violent past, and the secrets of a dope network.

I'm kinda associating this guy with people like mob accountants in my head - chosen for their skills and being able to keep quiet, not for their violent behavior.

I've always figured that dope networks act a lot like regular commercial businesses - just with more violence and uncertainty, but higher profits to make up for it.  At least for the higher up guys.  A lot of low level dealers make less than minimum off of it, but many of them are users as well.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2008, 09:48:23 AM »
Great idea, lets punish a crippled man for trying to enjoy his life a career criminal for knowingly comitting his third federal offense.

Brad
  So you would consider giving life sentences to some of the career criminals in this thread over at THR...

Just because it is the law does not mean it is right.  I know some people feel that abortion is wrong, well the law says that it is legal, does this mean the law is right?  (I am pro-choice myself but it was the quickest example I could think of.)

If it's not legal, you know it's not legal, and you still repeatedly do it anyway, well... tough cookies.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

cassandra and sara's daddy

« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2008, 02:47:40 PM »

Explain it to me, please. 

i don't think its the kinda thing you can come to understand over a latte at the student union.   one of those areas where immersion study works best.  i'm outa the game but if you think you are up to the strain write your will and come on out. i don't know any angels but can hook you up with some pagans you might not want to mary your sister but who seem to live rather well with no visible means of support that can probably put you to work.  like to travel? meet new exciting folks in exotic locales?  kiss mom good bye  bring your kevlar long johns and passport

WeedWhacker

« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2008, 04:36:53 PM »
If it's not legal, you know it's not legal, and you still repeatedly do it anyway, well... tough cookies.

Brad

The law is just when it serves to preserve freedom; else, it is an abomination.
"Higher education" is often a euphemism for producers of fermented, homogenized minds.

Tecumseh

• friend
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2008, 06:02:21 PM »

Brad

Brad
  So if they ban CCW nationwide or ban all firearms nationwide, you will follow the law because it is legal?  How about chronic speeders, should we put them to death or life imprisonment?

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2008, 09:50:42 AM »
you will follow the law because it is legal?

Yes.  That doesn't mean I won't be working to get it changed, though.

How about chronic speeders, should we put them to death or life imprisonment?

Irrelevant to the discussion.  The subject is felonies and habitual felons. 

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2008, 12:34:39 PM »
If a law is unjust in my opinion, I can choose to ignore (break) it.
HOWEVER (this is just me I'm talkin about, people)
If I CHOOSE to break a law, I am damn sure going to know the penalty for breaking it, and will factor the penalty into my rationale on going against it.

Only a fool would beg clemency for illegal activities because of disagreement with its premise. 

Rational soakers.

7-11 was a part time job.