Author Topic: Immigration Battle Divides Ariz. GOP. Many Activists Despise McCain.  (Read 12467 times)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Re: Immigration Battle Divides Ariz. GOP. Many Activists Despise McCain.
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2008, 11:01:57 AM »
Viking:

You'll see a lot of that here, too.

Some folks just can't resist playing the Nazi card.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

cassandra and sara's daddy

« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2008, 02:09:14 PM »
"A local person here was just hit-and-run by a car full of apparent illegals that sped off, that the police are now searching for. (hit them in the leg and hit their car, too) I'd be willing to bet there was no license, as per usual. If they're even caught. "

quitea remarkable thing being able to determine the legal status of folks that haven't been caught?  how do you guys do that? we had a girl where i live that claimed she could tell folks were illegals that passed her going the other way on the road at relative 70 pluss mph.  we need to get you folk to harness your super powers  maybe go to work for ice  or homeland security

cassandra and sara's daddy

« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2008, 02:15:18 PM »
guy quoted in the article lived through the nazis. if he sees similar personas emerging don't blame him  look at the image being projected by "le cause.   old saying goes if you are gonna play the game learn to wear the name

http://www.aclu.org/immigrants/31856prs20070917.html
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/01/11/AR2006011102532.html

this next one is good
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=7382343
Seven months ago, Colorado passed one of the toughest set of anti-immigration laws in the country. Now, heads of state agencies report that illegal immigrants really didn't use state services  and the new laws cost more to implement than they save.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?articleID=071205_1_A1_hGOPs73808
OKLAHOMA CITY  A Republican state senator called Tuesday for repeal of sections of House Bill 1804, a sweeping immigration reform effort.

Provisions of the new law essentially throw farmers and business owners under the bus, Sen. Harry Coates said in a prepared statement.

He called for repealing provisions dealing with harboring and transporting illegal immigrants.

I think people in the Legislature, the business community, private citizens and churches of many denominations are beginning to realize that this legislation is having an extremely negative impact on our state in many areas, said Coates, R-Seminole.

Since the bill became law last month, Coates said he has received numerous phone calls from farmers, business owners and contractors.

They want to know where the replacement workers will come from to fill the jobs resulting from the recent exodus of the immigrant worker, and they are angry with the Legislature for putting good politics ahead of good policy, Coates said.

LAK

• friend
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2008, 03:29:40 AM »
I can accurately predict that the general TV and print media will treat the illegals as a non-issue. And when the time comes for the ringmasters to throw the contenders into their ferocious combat - it will simply not be an issue raised in the so-called "debates".

------------------------------------

http://searchronpaul.com
http://ussliberty.org/oldindex.html
http://www.gtr5.com
http://ssunitedstates.org

The Rabbi

• friend
  • "Ahh, Jeez. Not this sh*t again!"
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2008, 03:59:22 AM »
I can accurately predict that the general TV and print media will treat the illegals as a non-issue. And when the time comes for the ringmasters to throw the contenders into their ferocious combat - it will simply not be an issue raised in the so-called "debates".

That's because the general public isn't really interested in the issue and doesnt perceive it as the crisis the so-called conservatives have painted it as.  Witness the election results so far.
Fight state-sponsored Islamic terrorism: Bomb France now!

Vote Libertarian: It Not Like It Matters Anyway.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2008, 04:10:15 AM »

That's because the general public isn't really interested in the issue and doesnt perceive it as the crisis the so-called conservatives have painted it as.  Witness the election results so far.

It must be nice living in a bubble of your own mind, disconnected from the reality of life in most of the United States.

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2008, 04:58:31 AM »
cassandrasdaddy:

It is no great surprise that those who most benefited from the illegals squawk when the illegals are run off.

I have limited sympathy, since those were the guys who were screwing their neighbors by passing the cost of illegals' presence on to the taxpayers. 
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

The Rabbi

• friend
« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2008, 05:37:09 AM »

It must be nice living in a bubble of your own mind, disconnected from the reality of life in most of the United States.

And that is why the majority of Republican voters have nominated Tom Tancredo as standard bearer for the party, because of his strong stand on illegals.
Talk about a bubble of the mind.

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2008, 09:55:17 AM »
So it would seem. Romney's biggest claim to conservatism (that I noticed) was his stance on immigration. That's what made him 'the only true conservative'. But he lost bigtime - even in California, where immigration's probably a major concern. Maybe the conservatives just stayed home and said "to hell with it." Others said: "Screw 'em all, I'm voting for Paul. Burmashave."

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2008, 11:17:38 AM »
A House race in northeastern Pennsylvania promises to be another test of how immigration control resonates with voters. Lou Barletta, mayor of Hazleton, Pa., announced Thursday that he's running to unseat Democrat Paul Kanjorski, something he tried unsuccessfully in 2002. But that was before Barletta took the lead in local-level response to illegal immigration by passing a tough measure in 2006, which is still being challenged in court by  guess who  the ACLU and its minions. The effort has made him a star locally, where he won election to a third term as mayor in November on both the Republican and the Democratic tickets (Democratic fans had written in his name during their primary). Kanjorski knows that a lax (i.e., Bush-McCain-like) stance on immigration could cost him his job even in the heavily Democratic district, so he's taken Rahm Emanuel's advice (see the end of my Thursday piece) and moved right on immigration; Americans for Better Immigration gives him a D+ lifetime grade, but he's brought it up to a C+ for the past two years. Barletta told me with a chuckle a couple months ago that Kanjorski'd sent out a mailer to the district explaining how tough he supposedly was on border enforcement. It would seem like Barletta's got a shot at winning the race, but, as Lincoln said, with high hope for the future, no prediction in regard to it is ventured.

The main points, IMO, are that even if Barletta does not win the congressional seat:
1. Public awareness of the government's and some of their neighbors' perfidy on this issue.
2. Policritters who want to get re-elected move toward enforcement, as did every Republican contender as well as Hillary Clinton.

The Rabbi truly does confuse the personal with the political, normally a fault of the Left.  It is effectuated policy, not personality, that is important.

After his drubbing in 2007 by the popular uprising against his amnesty bill, McCain moved, in rhetoric, toward the Tancredo position.  Just yesterday, at CPAC, he went even farther toward Tancredo's position.

Policritters who must actually face voters saw which way the people were headed and sprinted in their direction to get in front of them (Romney, Huck, Thompson, Giuliani, McCain, Clinton).  That is not the mark of a loser issue.  It is the mark of a popular issue when policritters fall all over themselves to claim it.

Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2008, 12:07:47 PM »
So the many Diebold machines say. If you believe them that is.

They are of course in league with the tobacco companies.  Or the drug companies.  Or Dick Cheney.  Or someone out there conspiring.  I just know it!

The Jewish Rabbi is claiming conspiracy......how about that..... Wink
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

The Rabbi

• friend
« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2008, 12:30:44 PM »
A House race in northeastern Pennsylvania promises to be another test of how immigration control resonates with voters. Lou Barletta, mayor of Hazleton, Pa., announced Thursday that he's running to unseat Democrat Paul Kanjorski, something he tried unsuccessfully in 2002. But that was before Barletta took the lead in local-level response to illegal immigration by passing a tough measure in 2006, which is still being challenged in court by  guess who  the ACLU and its minions. The effort has made him a star locally, where he won election to a third term as mayor in November on both the Republican and the Democratic tickets (Democratic fans had written in his name during their primary). Kanjorski knows that a lax (i.e., Bush-McCain-like) stance on immigration could cost him his job even in the heavily Democratic district, so he's taken Rahm Emanuel's advice (see the end of my Thursday piece) and moved right on immigration; Americans for Better Immigration gives him a D+ lifetime grade, but he's brought it up to a C+ for the past two years. Barletta told me with a chuckle a couple months ago that Kanjorski'd sent out a mailer to the district explaining how tough he supposedly was on border enforcement. It would seem like Barletta's got a shot at winning the race, but, as Lincoln said, with high hope for the future, no prediction in regard to it is ventured.

The main points, IMO, are that even if Barletta does not win the congressional seat:
1. Public awareness of the government's and some of their neighbors' perfidy on this issue.
2. Policritters who want to get re-elected move toward enforcement, as did every Republican contender as well as Hillary Clinton.

The Rabbi truly does confuse the personal with the political, normally a fault of the Left.  It is effectuated policy, not personality, that is important.

After his drubbing in 2007 by the popular uprising against his amnesty bill, McCain moved, in rhetoric, toward the Tancredo position.  Just yesterday, at CPAC, he went even farther toward Tancredo's position.

Policritters who must actually face voters saw which way the people were headed and sprinted in their direction to get in front of them (Romney, Huck, Thompson, Giuliani, McCain, Clinton).  That is not the mark of a loser issue.  It is the mark of a popular issue when policritters fall all over themselves to claim it.

The Rabbi

• friend
« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2008, 12:33:56 PM »
So the many Diebold machines say. If you believe them that is.

They are of course in league with the tobacco companies.  Or the drug companies.  Or Dick Cheney.  Or someone out there conspiring.  I just know it!

The Jewish Rabbi is claiming conspiracy......how about that..... Wink

I have to contrast myself to all those non-Jewish rabbis out there.
Genius.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2008, 02:05:34 PM »
Closed, getting personal.

Chris