Author Topic: McCain's out front, and I'm pouring drinks...  (Read 21811 times)

Bigjake

• friend
McCain's out front, and I'm pouring drinks...
« on: February 05, 2008, 04:52:10 PM »
Who wants one? 

I'm currently working on a few fingers of Knob Creek, and cursing Mike Huckabee's very existence.  that rotten bastard could win the GOP nod and I'd never vote for him.  "Bring the constitution in line with God's law".  You fool.

What are the rest of y'all doing?

PS*  First person to say anything about "Dr." Paul gets an unfriendly toast and oath sent his way.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
Re: McCain's out front, and I'm pouring drinks...
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2008, 05:06:03 PM »
Getting ready to vote for Dr. Paul on March 5th.....  grin

Pour me a shot and shoot me any oath except a marriage oath.....  laugh
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2008, 05:08:14 PM »
You got it, Brother.  On the house, of course.

At this point, I may just vote for that goofball on principal, as far as primaries go, he's harmless.

Silver Bullet

• friend
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2008, 05:10:50 PM »
First person to say anything about "Dr." Paul gets an unfriendly toast and oath sent his way.
Yep, "Mr." McCain is out in front, all right. 

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2008, 05:14:18 PM »
McCain has constantly ran on his "I was a POW while you were out making money".  Makes me wonder,  Why is Romney's sucess a bad thing??  McCain couldn't even play keep away sucessfully against the commies.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2008, 05:16:38 PM »
McCain has constantly ran on his "I was a POW while you were out making money".  Makes me wonder,  Why is Romney's sucess a bad thing??  McCain couldn't even play keep away sucessfully against the commies.

....and just how does one become a "war hero" by zigging instead of zagging?.....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2008, 05:30:16 PM »
I'll grant McCain was a war hero. He's not Kerry; he really did the things he claims and deserves legit praise for that.

Let's not confuse "I hate his politics" with "Let's make mock of his service."
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

cassandra and sara's daddy

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2008, 05:46:46 PM »

No Sir!  I never intended to mock his service, I'm just pointing out that by itself, Service of ones country is not enough to make ya worthy of Comander in Chief, which he seems to think is true.  I have the upmost respect for a man who endures and survives being a prisoner of the commies, I just think it's pathetic that he has to trot that out all the time because his actual record sucks.

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2008, 05:50:01 PM »

No Sir!  I never intended to mock his service, I'm just pointing out that by itself, Service of ones country is not enough to make ya worthy of Comander in Chief, which he seems to think is true.  I have the upmost respect for a man who endures and survives being a prisoner of the commies, I just think it's pathetic that he has to trot that out all the time because his actual record sucks.
Yup, me too.  I really don't like the idea of President McCain.  It's almost as distasteful as President Monica Lewinsky's ex-Boyfriend's Wife, or President Obama.

Tecumseh

• friend
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2008, 06:19:37 PM »

The majority of the GOP seems to believe that service to your country is what makes you worthy to be CIC.  And it works, sadly it is not the case.  I could care less about the mans service record in regards to the election.  While he is a hero, he is no more worthy than the other veteran who is running for President.  I believe he is a Doctor. 

I care about their ideals and what they stand for, as well as their voting records.  It seems that the majority of GOP members don't care and fall for the "I am a Veteran so vote for me," mantra that McCain spiels.  Just as some fell for "I was in 9/11 so vote for me," type of speeches from Guiliani.  Hell some even fell for the "I am a Southern Gentleman so you should vote for me," campaign that Fred Thompson tried to pawn on us. 

Hopefully people will start voting on actual issues, not on how likable a candidate is or how they look.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2008, 06:23:08 PM »
Don't blame me, I voted for Fred Thompson in the Iowa Caucus.

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2008, 06:26:54 PM »
Hopefully people will start voting on actual issues, not on how likable a candidate is or how they look.

Right after pigs start flying.....

If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Paddy

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2008, 06:32:52 PM »
Republicans are about to reap what they've sown, and McCain will deliver the well deserved harvest.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2008, 07:09:33 PM »
Republicans are about to reap what the anti-war Right have sown.  That is, a split in the party.  Thanks, guys.   sad

The majority of the GOP seems to believe that service to your country is what makes you worthy to be CIC....It seems that the majority of GOP members don't care and fall for the "I am a Veteran so vote for me," mantra that McCain spiels. 

laugh  Because you know the GOP so well, huh?  Got any links-and-evidence to support this charge?  Did Rush Limbaugh, Ann Coulter, Mark Levin and Sean Hannity suddenly leave the GOP and lose their whole audience?  Last I heard from them, they were slamming McCain pretty hard.  How about the fact that the majority of the GOP didn't vote for Kerry and Gore (Viet Nam veterans), but voted for George W. Bush, who "only" served in the Air National Guard?  Or all those Republicans who chose Perot over Dole?  Hmmm. 

Just as some fell for "I was in 9/11 so vote for me," type of speeches from Guiliani.  Hell some even fell for the "I am a Southern Gentleman so you should vote for me," campaign that Fred Thompson tried to pawn on us. 
Uh, you know they both bombed in the primaries, right?  Huh?

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2008, 07:13:07 PM »
Republicans are about to reap what they've sown, and McCain will deliver the well deserved harvest.

You know, you always talk about how long you've been a Republican, yet somehow the way the party turned out isn't your fault it's ours. Interesting.

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2008, 07:46:52 PM »
Republicans are about to reap what the anti-war Right have sown.  That is, a split in the party.  Thanks, guys.   sad

Too damn bad.  Convictions come before The Party, period.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2008, 08:49:55 PM »

You're quite a romantic, aren't you? grin
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

beatnik

« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2008, 04:23:25 AM »
Too damn bad.  Convictions come before The Party, period.

That's what I'm thinking these days.
Say what you want about the Texas Doctor, but at least reply to the charge that America is in for serious economic trouble.
The dollar has lost 50% of its value during the Bush administration.  We've already seen housing and gasoline go up, groceries are going up now... and I'm not getting a 100% raise this year.
McCain talks a big game about cutting spending, then he suggests a budget which increases spending.  Then he talks about invading Iran like more deficit spending is even a possibility right now.

The man has feet on both sides of the aisle on every non-economic position of importance to conservatives, and if Hillary's reign is anything like Bill's, I'll have to watch stories like the Lewinsky thing again, but I will be able to feed my family and pay my mortgage.  This isn't rocket science.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2008, 06:31:20 AM »
The majority of the GOP seems to believe that service to your country is what makes you worthy to be CIC.  And it works, sadly it is not the case.  I could care less about the mans service record in regards to the election.  While he is a hero, he is no more worthy than the other veteran who is running for President.  I believe he is a Doctor. 

I care about their ideals and what they stand for, as well as their voting records.  It seems that the majority of GOP members don't care and fall for the "I am a Veteran so vote for me," mantra that McCain spiels.  Just as some fell for "I was in 9/11 so vote for me," type of speeches from Guiliani.  Hell some even fell for the "I am a Southern Gentleman so you should vote for me," campaign that Fred Thompson tried to pawn on us. 

"The majority of the GOP" has so far, this primary season, cast votes for candidates other than McCain.

Military service is generally a plus.  If you served honorably, it shows that you have some minimum level of positive character traits: perseverance/motivation, leadership/followership, courage in the face of adversity (not necessarily combat) etc.  They are a cut above the average citizen, personal characteristics-wise.

McCain's demonstrated personal courage, motivation, etc. are definitely a plus and for good reason.

In my case, it is not enough to get me to vote for him in the primary.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

MrRezister

• I resist. It's what I do.
  • friend
  • Shank, shank, shank mommy's ankles!
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2008, 07:06:48 AM »
I can't believe I wasted my time last night, dodging tornadoes and hail just to vote for that crazy guy who won't win.  I now realize that I should have thrown my support to the real Conservative Savior:

MITT ROMNEY!

Wait, what the F    ?
He never brought you an unbalanced budget, which is a perennial joke. He never voted himself a wage increase and, to this day, gives back part of his salary every year. He has always voted to preserve the Constitution, cut government spending, lower healthcare costs, end the war on drugs, secure our borders with immigration reform and protect our civil liberties.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2008, 08:18:07 AM »

You beat me to it.
I realized we were truely doomed when there were polls after Komrade Klinton's election about how many soccer mom's voted for him because they wanted to play hide the cigar.  Nauseating.  We might as well start only nominating celebrities and get it over with.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Tecumseh

• friend
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2008, 08:21:31 AM »

You beat me to it.
I realized we were truely doomed when there were polls after Komrade Klinton's election about how many soccer mom's voted for him because they wanted to play hide the cigar.  Nauseating.  We might as well start only nominating celebrities and get it over with.
  Well the GOP made a big deal about his playing hide the cigar with the interns. It seems that the GOP was so focused on Clinton's private affairs that they ignored everything else.  But thats ok, we need to blame the soccermom liberals.

Tecumseh

• friend
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2008, 08:23:56 AM »

The majority of the GOP seems to believe that service to your country is what makes you worthy to be CIC....It seems that the majority of GOP members don't care and fall for the "I am a Veteran so vote for me," mantra that McCain spiels. 

laugh  Because you know the GOP so well, huh?  Got any links-and-evidence to support this charge?  Did Rush Limbaugh, Ann Coulter, Mark Levin and Sean Hannity suddenly leave the GOP and lose their whole audience?  Last I heard from them, they were slamming McCain pretty hard.  How about the fact that the majority of the GOP didn't vote for Kerry and Gore (Viet Nam veterans), but voted for George W. Bush, who "only" served in the Air National Guard?  Or all those Republicans who chose Perot over Dole?  Hmmm. 

Just as some fell for "I was in 9/11 so vote for me," type of speeches from Guiliani.  Hell some even fell for the "I am a Southern Gentleman so you should vote for me," campaign that Fred Thompson tried to pawn on us. 
Uh, you know they both bombed in the primaries, right?  Huh?

They are some right wing pundits nothing more. It seems that the majority of the GOP falls for something that the candidate brings to the table.  The Southern Gentleman and Mr. 9/11 were some of the ploys.  Now they are buying into all of this warhero crap. 

cassandra and sara's daddy

« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2008, 08:33:13 AM »
i guess to be a real hero he needs to be on the front lines manning the barricades at the student union