Author Topic: McCain's out front, and I'm pouring drinks...  (Read 21812 times)

MrRezister

• I resist. It's what I do.
  • friend
  • Shank, shank, shank mommy's ankles!
Re: McCain's out front, and I'm pouring drinks...
« Reply #50 on: February 07, 2008, 10:40:59 AM »
Let me say one thing, and abuse me if you like.  If McCain ends up in the Oval Office, his prior service, and his time as a POW may make for better decision making as the CIC.  Why?  I hope that someone who spent as much time as a POW as he did, and under those conditions, is less likely to make a decision to send troops int harms way on a whim, or for oil, or family revenge, etc.

I'd like to think so as well, I wonder what McCain thinks?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-zoPgv_nYg

There you go.  No need to "send troops into harm's way" when you can just launch missles and bombs at everyone who might eventually pose a threat to America.  He's definitely the man for the job.
He never brought you an unbalanced budget, which is a perennial joke. He never voted himself a wage increase and, to this day, gives back part of his salary every year. He has always voted to preserve the Constitution, cut government spending, lower healthcare costs, end the war on drugs, secure our borders with immigration reform and protect our civil liberties.

Paddy

« Reply #51 on: February 07, 2008, 10:58:08 AM »
If McCain ends up in the Oval Office.....

I doubt that's likely.  Either Dem will whip Grandpa McCain like a red headed stepchild.  laugh

Chris

« Reply #52 on: February 07, 2008, 11:34:21 AM »
I'm not so sure about that, even with the ghost of W floating around.  Obama and Hillary both have some issues to contend with.  We shall see...

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #53 on: February 07, 2008, 12:28:37 PM »
Hillary is JM's only hope. Conservative types hate his ass so much the only way to goad them into voting for him is the spectre of Hillary.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend
« Reply #54 on: February 07, 2008, 12:31:42 PM »
Hillary is JM's only hope. Conservative types hate his ass so much the only way to goad them into voting for him is the spectre of Hillary.
I think you're right.  Obama will hand him his ass, gift wrapped.

Paddy

« Reply #55 on: February 07, 2008, 01:24:15 PM »

I wouldn't be so sure about that.  More than a few hardcore conservatives are fed up with the Republican party right now.  And we're not going to get suckered into that kind of fearmongering again. It worked against Gore and Kerry, but it's old and stale now.  People have had enough old, fat, bald pasty white men.   They bring war, outsourced jobs, high gasoline prices and higher healthcare costs. This country is ready for something different.  Whether its' a woman or a person of color in the Whitehouse only time will tell.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #56 on: February 07, 2008, 02:30:19 PM »
People have had enough old, fat, bald pasty white men.   They bring war, outsourced jobs, high gasoline prices and higher healthcare costs. This country is ready for something different.  Whether its' a woman or a person of color in the Whitehouse only time will tell.

Yep, skin color and sexual organs; all it takes to be qualified to be POTUS.  rolleyes
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

WeedWhacker

« Reply #57 on: February 07, 2008, 03:16:51 PM »
People have had enough old, fat, bald pasty white men.   They bring war, outsourced jobs, high gasoline prices and higher healthcare costs. This country is ready for something different.  Whether its' a woman or a person of color in the Whitehouse only time will tell.

Yep, skin color and sexual organs; all it takes to be qualified to be POTUS.  :rolleyes:

It amuses me to no end that the very people first in line to whine and cry "discrimination!" at every opportunity are also first in line to voice support for Hillary/Obama because they've had enough of pasty white men...
"Higher education" is often a euphemism for producers of fermented, homogenized minds.

Paddy

« Reply #58 on: February 07, 2008, 06:27:16 PM »

Yep, skin color and sexual organs; all it takes to be qualified to be POTUS.  rolleyes

It amuses me to no end that the very people first in line to whine and cry "discrimination!" at every opportunity are also first in line to voice support for Hillary/Obama because they've had enough of pasty white men...

Well, ya got that wrong.  Scottish/Irish/Dutch, I'm as white as they get.  laugh

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #59 on: February 07, 2008, 06:47:21 PM »
There you go.  No need to "send troops into harm's way" when you can just launch missles and bombs at everyone who might eventually pose a threat to America.  He's definitely the man for the job.

Much like Clintoon's "bomb the balkans at random" policy??  Perhaps you'd think we'd do better leveling a Asprin plant in Libya??

CAnnoneer

• friend
« Reply #60 on: February 07, 2008, 07:44:25 PM »
Well, ya got that wrong.  Scottish/Irish/Dutch, I'm as white as they get.  laugh

That does not contradict what he said.  grin

Tecumseh

• friend
« Reply #61 on: February 07, 2008, 08:19:14 PM »
Keep thinking that.  Just because someone does not agree with you, does not mean they are wrong.

If that's all the better you can do, I suggest that you eject from this thread right now.

Kerry made an issue of his war record, or lack there of, and it came back to haunt the living hell out of him.

McCain's record is well documented, as are the activities he undertook that earned him the various medals he holds.

Can you elaborate?

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #62 on: February 07, 2008, 08:24:13 PM »
  Can you elaborate?   

I think he's trying to tell you that the Swift Boat Vets were right. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Tecumseh

• friend
« Reply #63 on: February 09, 2008, 02:06:30 PM »
  Can you elaborate?   

I think he's trying to tell you that the Swift Boat Vets were right. 

Does he have any proof?

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #64 on: February 09, 2008, 02:46:25 PM »
Why don't you research it? 

Desertdog

• friends
« Reply #65 on: February 09, 2008, 03:51:46 PM »
What I would like to see are the voting records printed side by side for McCain and Huckabee.  Huckabee was a Governor instead of a Senator but he still has of records of what he did sign in office.

Finch

• Fading Freedoms
« Reply #66 on: February 09, 2008, 05:03:26 PM »
What I would like to see are the voting records printed side by side for McCain and Huckabee.  Huckabee was a Governor instead of a Senator but he still has of records of what he did sign in office.

AS if there isn't enough depressing items in this thread. I'm sure both records would make me weep.
Truth is treason in the empire of lies - Ron Paul

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #67 on: February 09, 2008, 07:52:57 PM »

Why should he?

Facts only obscure the emotion...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #68 on: February 10, 2008, 03:21:20 AM »

Why should he?

Reality really harshes the mellow, man...

Tecumseh

• friend
« Reply #69 on: February 10, 2008, 07:30:38 AM »

Why should he?

We wouldn't want anyones feelings hurt. 

I just want some proof of these claims that is all.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #70 on: February 10, 2008, 09:32:02 AM »
Tecumseh, I'm curious about all of that, too.  In fact, I even started a thread to ask people what they thought about the Swift Boat issue.  But you know what?  APS isn't my personal research staff.  Nor is it yours.  Google is your friend.  So is the local library, for that matter. 

Tecumseh

• friend
« Reply #71 on: February 10, 2008, 09:36:24 AM »
Tecumseh, I'm curious about all of that, too.  In fact, I even started a thread to ask people what they thought about the Swift Boat issue.  But you know what?  APS isn't my personal research staff.  Nor is it yours.  Google is your friend.  So is the local library, for that matter. 
  http://www.armedpolitesociety.com/index.php?topic=10931.0

Yes but there are so many experts here that I wanted to take advantage of their knowledge. 

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #72 on: February 10, 2008, 09:49:25 PM »
Yes but there are so many experts here that I wanted to take advantage of their knowledge.

Just exactly who says they're experts on the subject, Tecumseh? Nothing says you have to listen to them or use them as references, y'know...  rolleyes

Fistful, looks like you may have been retired as the APS whipping boy.   shocked
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #73 on: February 10, 2008, 11:27:46 PM »
Fistful, looks like you may have been retired as the APS whipping boy.   shocked 

Do I still get to be scapegoat?   undecided

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #74 on: February 11, 2008, 01:29:58 AM »

Do I still get to be scapegoat?   undecided

.....only if it involves BBQ sauce and an open flame......
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.