Author Topic: Political Festivus  (Read 717 times)

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
Political Festivus
« on: December 23, 2020, 06:26:15 PM »
https://www.nationalreview.com/news/rand-paul-outlines-54-billion-in-outlandish-government-waste-in-annual-festivus-report/

Senator Rand Paul on Tuesday released his annual report outlining of billions of dollars in “truly outlandish” government waste.

This year’s “Festivus” waste report, a reference to the fictitious Seinfeld holiday’s “airing of grievances,” documented nearly $54,746,525,000 in money “totally wasted” by the government.

“Remember this the next time they tell you there’s ‘nothing to cut,'” the Kentucky Republican wrote Wednesday in a Twitter thread highlighting parts of the report.

As much as I agree with his stance, I think Rand Paul, like his father and Trey Gowdy, is a voice crying in the wilderness.  The massive waste will continue until there is no more money to spend.
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
Re: Political Festivus
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2020, 06:44:56 PM »
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2020, 06:54:20 PM »
There has been no "real" money in years.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2020, 07:05:26 PM »
https://www.nationalreview.com/news/rand-paul-outlines-54-billion-in-outlandish-government-waste-in-annual-festivus-report/

As much as I agree with his stance, I think Rand Paul, like his father and Trey Gowdy, is a voice crying in the wilderness.  The massive waste will continue until there is no more money to spend.

I agree. I like that he does it, but it's basically tipping windmills.

As we've discussed a little bit of late, this kind of stuff just won't stop as long as they can have a bill for "X" and then stealth add "abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvw" to get them funded, plus then get away with, "You have to pass the bill to see what's in it".*

One bill for one item. If it's of value, it will be passed. If not, I guess wait until your guys are in the majority and try again. This will never happen though, and I don't know how we can otherwise control all this crap they slip in. I think we're just screwed.

*I have stated elsewhere that any politician that utters that phrase should simply and unceremoniously be shot.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2020, 07:18:10 PM »
I agree. I like that he does it, but it's basically tipping windmills.

As we've discussed a little bit of late, this kind of stuff just won't stop as long as they can have a bill for "X" and then stealth add "abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvw" to get them funded, plus then get away with, "You have to pass the bill to see what's in it".*

One bill for one item. If it's of value, it will be passed. If not, I guess wait until your guys are in the majority and try again. This will never happen though, and I don't know how we can otherwise control all this crap they slip in. I think we're just screwed.

*I have stated elsewhere that any politician that utters that phrase should simply and unceremoniously be shot.

I'd vote for you.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2020, 08:40:52 PM »
As long as the leaches get paid they will continue to vote the politicians into power and we will continue to vote for the party that claims opposition but is just as bad (financial wise)

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!