Author Topic: The News Media Refuse to do their Jobs  (Read 833 times)

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
The News Media Refuse to do their Jobs
« on: April 27, 2018, 08:18:40 AM »
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2018/04/26/my-blood-is-boiling-broward-student-journalist-lays-out-his-case-against-superintendent-school-board/

So a STUDENT did it for them.

His reporting is absolutely stunning. He lays out the exact failures of the school board that had direct relationships to the murdered children. And no one in the main stream news will report it because it will hurt their narrative.

"All the news that fits, we print!"
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

JN01

• friend
Re: The News Media Refuse to do their Jobs
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2018, 08:28:57 PM »
Kenneth Prestons report with footnotes: https://medium.com/@kennethrpreston/an-investigation-into-broward-countys-school-board-superintendent-4789bbd5b2e5

This is the kind of kid that gives one a glimmer of hope for the future.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2018, 11:16:19 PM »
From the first link:

9) In a meeting with Runcie & officials, I was told the system wasn't invented when the money was allocated and that it wasn't suggested until last year. However, the tech has existed since the 80s, and the Fmr Dir. of School Safety recommended a similar system years ago.

Sadly, this is sooooo typical. In a more mundane example, a number of years ago my town was discussing a massive alteration and addition project involving the senior and junior high schools. At the time, the junior high handled grades 7, 8, and 9 and the senior high took grades 10, 11, and 12. When the junior high was built, however, it was only for grades 7 and 8, and the 9th graders were in the senior high. The change came maybe ten years after the junior high was built, and all they did was put the 9th graders on different buses so they went to the junior high.

Fast forward to a public meeting discussing the proposed construction project. The new game plan called for pulling the 9th graders out of the junior high and putting them back into the senior high. A big chunk of the project was building a new wing to accommodate the 9th grade. However, another big chunk (like, $30 million big) was "reconfiguring" the junior high from a 7-8-9 school into a 7-8 school. Me being the asshat that I am, I raised my hand and, when recognized, I asked why we now needed to spend $30 million to "convert" the junior high to grades 7 and 8 when it was originally built for grades 7 and 8, and they hadn't made any physical changes to it when they stuck the 9th grade in it.

There were a lot of "Um, er, ah, well ..." types of comments from the school board and the architect, until the president of the Board of Education finally shut it down by saying, 'We really don't have time to go into the details of that tonight. We'll get back to you on that."

That was about twenty years ago. I'm still waiting for that phone call.

School boards lie. They do what they want to do and, if questioned, they just make up answers on the spot.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2018, 11:17:06 PM »
double tap, sorry.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

HankB

• friend
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2018, 12:28:32 AM »
. . . School boards lie . . .

QFT.

I grew up in Chicago, and saw how things worked at my high school. IMHO the Chicago Board of Education is a strong contender for "Most Corrupt City Organization" in a city known for corruption. And from what I've seen and read in the news, school boards in other major cities are very nearly as bad.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain