Author Topic: New Hampshire Firearms Freedom Law...with a twist...  (Read 1826 times)

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
New Hampshire Firearms Freedom Law...with a twist...
« on: January 04, 2010, 04:27:35 PM »
Looks like New Hampshire might join Montana and Tennesse in the club of "Let's tell .fedgov to go to hell"
http://www.examiner.com/x-2581-St-Louis-Gun-Rights-Examiner~y2010m1d1-New-Hampshire-proposes-state-soverignty-lawwith-a-twist.
Also, there's provision in this proposed law to arrest and convict federal employees trying to enforce federal law in this matter within the state...
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Re: New Hampshire Firearms Freedom Law...with a twist...
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2010, 05:18:20 PM »
Also, there's provision in this proposed law to arrest and convict federal employees trying to enforce federal law in this matter within the state...

I LIKE that!!11!eleventy1!

Any official, agent, or employee of the government of the United States, or employee of a corporation providing services to the government of the United States that enforces or attempts to enforce a act, order, law, statute, rule or regulation of the government of the United States upon a personal firearm, a firearm accessory, or ammunition that is manufactured commercially or privately in New Hampshire and that remains within the State of New Hampshire shall be guilty of a class B felony. (emphasis added)

I don't like the wording, though.

There's a grammatical error in the red highlighted section.

And, in the blue section, it doesn't address lay NH citizens, merely protects a list of products that might be manufactured in NH.  BATFE can still come and arrest lay folks according to this.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2010, 04:07:35 AM »
It's only 'proposed'. NH lawmakers have a knack for proposing awesome bills and having them die at a later stage of the process - see also their attempt to introduce an Alaska carry bill a few years back.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2010, 09:31:15 AM »
It's only 'proposed'. NH lawmakers have a knack for proposing awesome bills and having them die at a later stage of the process - see also their attempt to introduce an Alaska carry bill a few years back.
True, although some actually become law.

The current push is to get knives protected as much as guns are. IOW, get knives under the 2nd Amendment.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

zahc

• friend
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2010, 10:01:27 AM »
I LIKE that!!11!eleventy1!

So do I. I always wondered why we don't have more penalties for negligent politicians. Why can't politicians be arrested and tried, or at least sued, for enacting or attempting to enact constitutionally subversive legislation? There seems to be no risk involved in politics whatsoever. I could become a politician, and propose a law to enslave all persons under 30 years of age, tax everything 100%, and or whatever I wanted, and the only risk is that it won't pass. Politicians can just sit and throw massive amounts of *expletive deleted*it at the wall hoping some of it sticks. A while back, a politician in, Argentina I believe, was forcibly removed by the military for proposing some kind of salary or term increase, which is illegal. It was almost shocking to me that they place actual limits and penalties on politicians; we don't really go for that here.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

zahc

• friend
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2010, 10:03:58 AM »
This, as one might expect, doesn't sit well with the feds, and is being challenged.  The BATFE, in the meantime, has already announced its intention of ignoring such laws.

[citation needed]
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

PTK

• friends
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2010, 12:37:57 PM »
Yeah, the whole BATFE thing right now is essentially a letter saying "But... you can't DO that!"
"Only lucky people grow old." - Frederick L.
September 1915 - August 2008

"If you really do have cancer "this time", then this is your own fault. Like the little boy who cried wolf."