Author Topic: CA Ammo Registration Doing What They Want it To  (Read 1800 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
CA Ammo Registration Doing What They Want it To
« on: May 21, 2020, 10:31:35 AM »
It appears CA is using their ammo registration scheme as most all of us figured they would:

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2020/05/20/ghost-guns-seized-in-statewide-raids-targeting-failed-ammo-background-checks/

I noticed they are using the terms "large capacity" and "standard capacity" to describe magazines.

I'm curious as to the backgrounds of the arrestees. While I'm sure one or two of them might actually be prohibited felons/gangbangers (who somehow still got guns), Woodland Hills is a very white collar area, so that might be a more interesting case.

Several lowers confiscated. Do gangbangers build their own? Asking because I don't know. I always thought of that as something that doesn't fit that demographic.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: CA Ammo Registration Doing What They Want it To
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2020, 10:51:23 AM »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2020, 10:52:37 AM »
It appears CA is using their ammo registration scheme as most all of us figured they would:

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2020/05/20/ghost-guns-seized-in-statewide-raids-targeting-failed-ammo-background-checks/

I noticed they are using the terms "large capacity" and "standard capacity" to describe magazines.

I'm curious as to the backgrounds of the arrestees. While I'm sure one or two of them might actually be prohibited felons/gangbangers (who somehow still got guns), Woodland Hills is a very white collar area, so that might be a more interesting case.

Several lowers confiscated. Do gangbangers build their own? Asking because I don't know. I always thought of that as something that doesn't fit that demographic.

I don't know for sure either, but gangbangers are not the target here.  The politicians and the police look out for career criminals as a professional courtesy.
"It's good, though..."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2020, 10:53:33 AM »
I don't know for sure either, but gangbangers are not the target here.  The politicians and the police look out for career criminals as a professional courtesy.

Same reason sharks don't eat lawyers
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2020, 12:32:33 PM »
Same reason sharks don't eat lawyers

That and it takes too much whale *expletive deleted*it to.get.the taste out of their mouths.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2020, 01:18:20 PM »
These aren't the only shenanigans that the state is up to.  From a recent California Rifle & Pistol Association email:

CRPA joined with a number of firearm retailers last week in sending a pre-litigation demand letter to the Department of Justice regarding DOJ’s recent unlawful actions, as they've been preventing law-abiding citizens from taking possession of lawfully purchased firearms and ammunition as the law mandates.

What DOJ says: due to understaffing and increased demands of COVID-19, DOJ has been “unable” to process the influx of gun sale applications of Californians who wish to lawfully purchase firearms within the ten-day time period set by law.

DOJ now claims on its website that it has 30 days to process the applications for firearms and ammunition. This misinformation campaign by the DOJ has a direct impact on retailers, CRPA, and all of our thousands of members who are unable to pick up their firearms on time.

A thirty day wait for puchasing firearms or ammunition.   The Cali DOJ certainly has some brass ones.
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

HankB

• friend
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2020, 09:28:46 AM »
Huh.

And here I thought the purpose of the law was to promote ammo smuggling from Nevada.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2020, 10:07:28 AM »
These aren't the only shenanigans that the state is up to.  From a recent California Rifle & Pistol Association email:

A thirty day wait for puchasing firearms or ammunition.   The Cali DOJ certainly has some brass ones.

That's a camel's nose under the tent. If it goes unchallenged, there's no reason they can't come up with reasons to extend it to 6 months or a year.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2020, 12:51:04 PM »
That's a camel's nose under the tent. If it goes unchallenged, there's no reason they can't come up with reasons to extend it to 6 months or a year.

So, instead of a 10-day waiting period for you to recover from your murderous rage, they could have you go through a 6-month in-patient anger therapy session each time you want to purchase a gun?

Yeah, I know, don't give them ideas...
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2020, 01:02:57 PM »
So, instead of a 10-day waiting period for you to recover from your murderous rage, they could have you go through a 6-month in-patient anger therapy session each time you want to purchase a gun?

Yeah, I know, don't give them ideas...

Actually have seen something not too far removed from that proposed.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2020, 01:32:28 PM »
Actually have seen something not too far removed from that proposed.

Several CA jurisdictions already do that with CCWs. Successful exam by a psychiatrist required for your permit. Wouldn't be a big jump to make everyone get a psych eval before buying a gun. Renewed every 5 years, cost $2000 per renewal.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2020, 05:28:13 PM »
Several CA jurisdictions already do that with CCWs. Successful exam by a psychiatrist required for your permit. Wouldn't be a big jump to make everyone get a psych eval before buying a gun. Renewed every 5 years, cost $2000 per renewal.

Dear Democrats,

Why don't you just get rid of all the regulations and impose an income floor for buying a gun?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2020, 01:09:28 PM »
On the stupid "ghost gun" thing, if they make it a life sentence to have a crappy AR lower one might as well set up a machine shop and crank out crew served weapons.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.