Author Topic: Baby Allegedly Put in Microwave  (Read 964 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Baby Allegedly Put in Microwave
« on: November 28, 2006, 02:42:00 PM »
If this is true, then regarding the part of the story where they say not enough research has been conducted on the effects of microwaves on humans --- I have the perfect job for the mother.

-------------------------
http://ap.washingtontimes.com/dynamic/stories/B/BABY_DEATH_MICROWAVE?SITE=DCTMS&SECTION=US

Police Say Mother Microwaved Her Baby

By JAMES HANNAH
Associated Press Writer

AP Photo
U.S. Video
Advertisement
Click here to find out more!

DAYTON, Ohio (AP) -- A mother was arrested on suspicion of murdering her newborn daughter by microwaving the baby in an oven. China Arnold, 26, was jailed Monday on a charge of aggravated murder, more than a year after she brought her dead month-old baby to a hospital. Bail was set Tuesday at $1 million.

"We have reason to believe, and we have some forensic evidence that is consistent with our belief, that a microwave oven was used in this death," said Ken Betz, director of the Montgomery County coroner's office.

He said the evidence included high-heat internal injuries and the absence of external burn marks on the baby, Paris Talley.

Arnold was arrested soon after the baby's death in August 2005, then was released while authorities investigated further. Betz said the case was difficult because "there is not a lot of scientific research and data on the effect of microwaves on human beings."

The death was ruled homicide by hyperthermia, or high body temperature. The absence of external burns ruled out an open flame, scalding water or a heating pad as the cause, Betz said.

Arnold's lawyer, Jon Paul Rion, said his client had nothing to do with her child's death and was stunned when investigators told her that a microwave might have been involved.

"China - as a mother and a person - was horrified that such an act could occur," Rion said.

The night before the baby was taken to the hospital, Arnold and the child's father went out for a short time and left Paris with a baby sitter, Rion said. The mother didn't sense anything out of the ordinary until the next morning, when the child was found unconscious, Rion said.

Buy AP Photo Reprints

Arnold has three other children.

In 2, a Virginia woman was sentenced to five years in prison for killing her month-old son in a microwave oven. Elizabeth Renee Otte claimed she had no memory of cramming her son in the microwave and turning on the appliance in 1999. Experts said that Otte suffered from epilepsy and that her seizures were followed by blackouts.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
Re: Baby Allegedly Put in Microwave
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2006, 02:53:04 PM »
I saw a blip on that in the news today. Horrible.  angry

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

brimic

• friends
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2006, 04:07:57 PM »
Why its not a murder, its a late term abortion! Better yet, if the woman had chosen to have someone vacuum out the mass of tissue's brains out a little sooner, all would be well with the world right now.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2006, 04:31:07 PM »
Better yet, if the woman had chosen to have someone vacuum out the mass of tissue's brains out a little sooner, all would be well with the world right now.
Gee, sounds like you're of the opinion that "pithing the baby" is a BAD thing.  Why do you hate wymen so much brimic?

I am curious about which organ systems will fail first under continual exposure to microwaves.  Would it not be the same for most like sized mammals?

If indeed someone put the child in the microwave, its murder most foul.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2006, 05:39:38 PM »
A girl I went to school with reportedly microwaved her cat to death.  She was drunk (really, really drunk), the cat was wet and cold, and "it seemed like a good idea at the time."   sad

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2006, 05:49:33 PM »
 sad Weeping for the poor kitty. Or even just the thought of such. sad
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2006, 06:03:08 PM »
I am curious about which organ systems will fail first under continual exposure to microwaves.  Would it not be the same for most like sized mammals?

I had a Savannah Monitor as a pet a long time ago. For treats and food, I had a freezer full of rats and hatchling chickens, I use to thaw them in the microwave and distinctly remember the eyes always popping.

"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama