Author Topic: Sweet!  (Read 1207 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Sweet!
« on: August 06, 2015, 03:07:10 PM »
Texas dem complains about being abused during traffic stop.
Video says not so much. In fact he got cut way too much slack
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2015/08/dash-cam-video-proves-tx-democrat-was-completely-lying-about-abusive-traffic-stop/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Re: Sweet!
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2015, 03:21:00 PM »
Texas dem complains about being abused during traffic stop.
Video says not so much. In fact he got cut way too much slack
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2015/08/dash-cam-video-proves-tx-democrat-was-completely-lying-about-abusive-traffic-stop/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And he got a good lecture about abusing his power as an elected official in an official vehicle. 
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2015, 03:35:26 PM »
Even better. 

Prof claims racial profiling , writes letter and then later signs a written statement with the same claims.  Gets arrested for making a false statement
 :police: :police: :police: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

http://foxct.com/2015/07/31/dash-cam-audio-released-after-professor-charged-with-falsely-claiming-racial-profiling-during-traffic-stop/
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2015, 03:45:25 PM »
And he got a good lecture about abusing his power as an elected official in an official vehicle. 

Anybody know what the posted speed limit is for that road?  I can't imagine getting popped for going 94 mph and then let go with a warning.

"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2015, 04:04:05 PM »
Some animals are more equal than others
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2015, 04:50:55 PM »
And basically like I’m saying is treat me like a boy.

Is that code for what I think it is?

And yes, "Acting like an ass in a state/local vehicle" needs to have some consequences.  Here in Va the cop is supposed to submit a report of any stop to the state risk management dept regardless of the reason or outcome.  I've known of a few folks who lost their privilege of using a state vehicle (which also  means no mileage reimbursement for their POV).  Our overlords may well be asshats but the powers that be do not like hearing complaints about them behaving that way - at least not on the public roads.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2015, 05:30:18 PM »
As much as I criticize the cops, you couldn't ask to be stopped by a much nicer one than that guy.

The "gentleman with the attitude" needs to slow down his mouth as well as his (the state's) car.
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

brimic

• friends
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2015, 07:48:17 PM »
The underlying problem is that ranking members of the dem party rarely have to face consequences for breaking laws, its no wonder they have such arrogance.

In my state a former AG crashed several state owned vehicles while drunk, and claimed the vehicles were in 'hit and run' accidents while parked in her driveway.

More recently, the state dem spokesman was charged with a 1st offence owi by a dem DA, even though he had 2 prior owi convictions.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2015, 08:23:36 PM »
Meh.  Who cares on this. A cop lecturing a elected critter about public perception.  [barf]
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2015, 09:10:30 PM »
The only cop friend my dad has ever had got forced out of the state police months before retirement. He had been put on DOT duty and loved the "punishment." His offenses to get there were not only wrecking a few cruisers but his willingness to ticket anyone and everyone, especially all the one and two digit VA tags that he was supposed to leave alone. Judges, other cops, he wrote it. And it cost him a retirement. Great system eh?
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2015, 12:15:11 PM »
Anybody know what the posted speed limit is for that road?  I can't imagine getting popped for going 94 mph and then let go with a warning.

Doesn't specify where on I-10, but at least the section west of Sealy is 75mph.  That would put him just shy of 20 over.  Anybody else would get a ticket for 19 over without some major extenuating circumstances, though.  (Since there aren't any 95 zones, he can't claim he just missed the sign where the limit dropped.  He was also about an hour's drive (even at 94mph) from the closest 80 or 85 zone (SH-130 toll section) and three hours from the closest 80 zone on I-10.)

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2015, 10:46:45 PM »
Anybody know what the posted speed limit is for that road?  I can't imagine getting popped for going 94 mph and then let go with a warning.

I work occasionally on a remote site where I share an office with a state employee. He and his colleagues refer to their state IDs as "get out of jail free" cards. Anyone driving a state car has to REALLY screw up before a cop will pull them over. (Such as doing 94 MPH in an official state vehicle.)
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

grampster

• friend
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2015, 10:51:04 PM »
The hired county administrator in the county I moved away from awhile back finally got thrown in the hoosegow for DUI.  I guess making a practice of it daily for several years finally met a police officer who didn't care he was boss.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw