Author Topic: Oh for the love of God!  (Read 4114 times)

grampster

• friend
Oh for the love of God!
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2006, 12:12:25 PM »
Bill,

I had foolishly told the bartendress to give me a glass of Guinness and pour in a liberal dose of Jameson and a wee bit of Bailey's.  Gods, it curdled and turned a sickly brown, with this nasty nuggeted foam on top; looked like a Waitwatcher chocolate malt.  It tasted even worse.

The waitress, a young miss, generally courteous and deferential to my regular stature at my favorite spot for comestibles and liquids, The Red Anchor, came over and whilst she was splitting a gut over watching me trying to, in a manly way, force that devil's brew down my gullet, explained, through gails of her discourteous laughter, the proper way of mixing a "car bomb".  It was as you described.  My reputation took a sever blow over the incident.  Being laughed at by two rednecks and a floozy drinking Miller Lite, for god's sake, were having quite a time at my expense.  Oh, the humanity!!

Never again will I befoul a glass of Guinness or a fine Catholic Jameson's by mixing them together, especially with Bailey's.

Gewher,

RedBreast, hmmmmm.  At my exalted age, $40.00 for a fine Catholic whiskey is a small price to pay for a distinguished piece of the auld sod.  I'll have to start looking around and see if I can find a bottle.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

jefnvk

• friend
  • I'll sleep away the days and ride the nights...
Oh for the love of God!
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2006, 01:04:35 PM »
No way to do it besides a shot of Jameson and Baileys in a double shot glass, dropped into a pint of Guiness and chugged.
I still say 'Give Detroit to Canada'

BillBlank

• friend
Oh for the love of God!
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2006, 01:07:50 PM »
Now you know where mcdonalds got their idea for a milkshake from.

"in a manly way" cheesy
Just so happens Satan's behind the bar pulling the late shift for a buddy...

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
Oh for the love of God!
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2006, 05:20:07 PM »
Grampster,

Take it from this old Lutheran, you'll be looking for the bottle on the far left in the pic below.

(Sitting with two fingers' worth in front of me right now)

"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Oh for the love of God!
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2006, 07:41:38 PM »
"Mike you're wrong, just wrong ok? Accept it and move on."

What, my opinion that scotch tastes like chicken fried liquid *expletive deleted*it in a bottle is wrong?

No problem, I'll move on and let you guys drink the stuff that tastes and smells like it's been filtered through some sot's kidneys...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
Oh for the love of God!
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2006, 08:20:41 PM »
I think that's part of the mystique of finding the "right" whiskey (or wiskey, depending on the Isle) for one's tastes.  Myself, I absolutely enjoy the flavors that dance on my tongue when sipping the Redbreast Irish above, and find none of them objectionable.  Somebody with a different palate may find it akin to turpentine or mineral spirits, as I do with domestic Jim Beam or Jack Daniels.  I can do Jameson's or Redbreast "neat".  Jim Beam, Jack Daniels, or Jeremiah Weed, it has to be mixed with something before it goes in my face.  (although, in my squadron, Jeremiah Weed was usually served up ice cold after a particularly long and difficult sortie...)
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend
Oh for the love of God!
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2006, 08:39:32 AM »
gunsmith, the product isn't for sale in Ireland.
The ice cream, available only in the United States, is based on an ale and stout drink of the same name.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
Oh for the love of God!
« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2006, 07:59:53 PM »
well, what do you know!
you're absolutly right!!!
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
Oh for the love of God!
« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2006, 02:19:59 PM »
"Ben & Jerry's was built on the philosophies of peace and love," he added.
Oh...I thought it was built on the philosophies of selling sub-par ice cream in funny flavors for ridiculously high prices and making a profit.... Tongue

Besides, everyone knows that Blue Bell is better....because their cows are loved.... Smiley
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.