Author Topic: Old news, but I just noticed  (Read 4096 times)

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
Old news, but I just noticed
« on: September 20, 2013, 04:48:18 PM »
A few years back we talked quite a bit about this case, King County Sheriff's deputy who beat a 15 y/o girl for kicking her shoe off at him. Turns out he was tried for (misdemeanor!) assault, but two juries hung 11-1. Apparently kicking, slamming into a wall, and punching in the back of the head a teen girl is considered appropriate police procedure. I'll always remember this case because 1. it was so egregious that even CS&D agreed the cop was in the wrong and 2. apparently some folks will literally let cops get away with anything.

I'll also note that the guy perjured himself in his written statements but no one ever charged him for that.

http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2012317057_schene10m.html
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: Old news, but I just noticed
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2013, 05:03:17 PM »
i noticed second jury was 11-1 for aquittal  and even one of first jurors 11-1 other said he used proper procedure
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2013, 05:04:22 PM »

I'm far from a cop hater, but they do generally get off lighter in courtrooms. Which isn't right.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2013, 07:34:17 PM »
i noticed second jury was 11-1 for aquittal  and even one of first jurors 11-1 other said he used proper procedure
Makes you wonder if the prosecutor was really trying.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Levant

• friend
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2013, 07:46:48 PM »
If you attack a cop you deserve a beat down.  She's lucky he didn't shoot her punk ass.  Everybody knows that.

Hardly anyone seems to know that the police aren't actually supposed to be allowed to beat people.
NEOKShooter on GRM
Republicans: The other Democratic Party

• friends
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2013, 07:48:36 PM »
Makes you wonder if the prosecutor was really trying.

or if there are facts not on youtube :facepalm:
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

Levant

• friend
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2013, 07:50:08 PM »
I wonder how many more people will get beat as a direct result of this and the fact that this proves to cops that they really can get away with anything.
NEOKShooter on GRM

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2013, 03:43:45 PM »

I believe you are incorrect, the article is badly written but my understanding is that both juries were 11-1 for conviction.

or if there are facts not on youtube :facepalm:

Please, tell me what facts you envision that make the actions shown on that tape reasonable.

If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

• friends
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2013, 04:17:42 PM »
I believe you are incorrect, the article is badly written but my understanding is that both juries were 11-1 for conviction.

Please, tell me what facts you envision that make the actions shown on that tape reasonable.

The facts that made even the first jury say he followed procedure.
Did your link die. Or is my iPad wonky? I was gonna quote the article on the jury splits
   never mind it was the ipad  heres the quote
Schene's first trial ended in January with jurors split 11-1 in favor of conviction, while jurors in his second trial deadlocked 11-1 last week to acquit him.

heres a second source same thing   http://www.seattlepi.com/local/article/No-third-trial-for-ex-deputy-accused-of-jail-886478.php

Jurors who voted 11-1 to convict in Schene's is first trial believed he followed accepted training techniques, but the majority ultimately concluded he did not need to use those techniques in the first place to subdue Calhoun, the chief juror said in an interview in February.

As jurors left the courthouse after a mistrial was declared, a male juror, who did not give his name, said of Schene's conduct, "It was a very strong show of force, but the fact she was not injured during the process shows he followed the techniques he was trained to use."

maybe if they looked at the youtube vid like you they woulda got it your way but they were bothered by all that peasky evidence testimony and such. it gets in the way of a good agenda sometimes

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 06:16:43 PM by cassandra and sara's daddy »

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2013, 06:50:27 PM »
Like I said it's poorly written, but it merely indicates that the second jury deadlocked 11-1, thus acquiting him. Doesn't say it was 11 to acquit vs one to convict.

And again, what evidence and testimony are you referring to? I'm very curious what you think justifies that response. She kicked a shoe at him, he kicked the *expletive deleted*it out of her. The fact that one person on a jury thought he was following procedure doesn't really mean anything to me. A fairly large portion of Americans think the TSA feeling little kids up is ok because it's part of their procedures. As your own quotes indicate, he may have used acceptable techniques to subdue a violent and unruly prisoner but that doesn't mean he was justified in using those techniques on a girl for being lippy.

So, instead of some silly appeal to authority, tell me what YOU personally think justifies what he did.

• friends
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2013, 06:59:08 PM »
Like I said it's poorly written, but it merely indicates that the second jury deadlocked 11-1, thus acquiting him. Doesn't say it was 11 to acquit vs one to convict.

And again, what evidence and testimony are you referring to? I'm very curious what you think justifies that response. She kicked a shoe at him, he kicked the *expletive deleted* out of her. The fact that one person on a jury thought he was following procedure doesn't really mean anything to me. A fairly large portion of Americans think the TSA feeling little kids up is ok because it's part of their procedures. As your own quotes indicate, he may have used acceptable techniques to subdue a violent and unruly prisoner but that doesn't mean he was justified in using those techniques on a girl for being lippy.

So, instead of some silly appeal to authority, tell me what YOU personally think justifies what he did.

you didn't see the second link i added?  sorry i found it late

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2013, 07:04:11 PM »
Huh, if that's true it's unfortunate.

I'm still waiting for you to explain how a teen girl kicking a shoe justifies her being kicked in the stomach, grabbed by the hair, slammed into a wall, thrown to the floor, and then punched twice in the back of the head as the deputy knelt on her back.

Please, enlighten me as to how that's justified.

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2013, 07:05:34 PM »
Related question: if your girls (when they're teens) were to kick a shoe in your direction would you be justified in using this level of force against them? Or do only cops get to do that?

• friends
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2013, 07:10:11 PM »
Huh, if that's true it's unfortunate.

I'm still waiting for you to explain how a teen girl kicking a shoe justifies her being kicked in the stomach, grabbed by the hair, slammed into a wall, thrown to the floor, and then punched twice in the back of the head as the deputy knelt on her back.

Please, enlighten me as to how that's justified.

i take it you still haven't read the second article?

i think the juror addressed that in the link you missed. i only had the you tube vid to work off. they had a lil bit more.  

oops the link i posted was wrong one try this
http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2012317057_schene10m.html
As jurors left the courthouse after a mistrial was declared, a male juror, who did not give his name, said of Schene's conduct, "It was a very strong show of force, but the fact she was not injured during the process shows he followed the techniques he was trained to use."

The prosecution didn't prove beyond a reasonable doubt that unreasonable and unnecessary force was used, the juror said.

Jurors who voted 11-1 to convict in Schene's is first trial believed he followed accepted training techniques, but the majority ultimately concluded he did not need to use those techniques in the first place to subdue Calhoun, the chief juror said in an interview in February.

Schene could have shut the cell door or yelled at Calhoun, the juror said.

Satterberg, in explaining his decision not to try Schene a third time, noted the "combined score" of 12 to 12 over two trials, saying sometimes a "no-decision is still a decision."

While people have formed their own opinions about what they saw on the videotape, jurors were careful in reaching their own decisions, Satterberg said.
http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2012255285_schene02m.html
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 07:20:28 PM by cassandra and sara's daddy »

• friends
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2013, 07:25:03 PM »
if my teen girl did that to me?  i'd be screwed. i doubt i could hit mine?  teen boy of mine? i'd hit him like a grown man.

now if my girl kid stole a car? then got loud and proud tried to break bad physically and got thumped?  i'd see red at first but play grown up stupid games win grown up prizes.   that might even get her a back hand from me. i hope and pray never to find out.by 15 the die is pretty much cast. that lil darlin is likely screwed.

Levant

• friend
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2013, 08:48:23 PM »

If this forum had a "thanks" feature, I would have used it.  Lacking that: Thanks.
NEOKShooter on GRM

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2013, 09:05:04 PM »
If this forum had a "thanks" feature, I would have used it.  Lacking that: Thanks.

I second that emotion!
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

• friends
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2013, 09:21:04 PM »
rofl

you think both articles in 2 different papers were wrong?  i guess the were both badly written? and the quotes were also badly written?

you think all those jurors were wrong and you were right from watching a youtube vid?  heck we don't need costly jury trials  youtube for the win

Triphammer

• friend
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2013, 01:11:41 AM »
After having that high capacity assault shoe kicked in his general direction he had to stop the threat. He even brought help to even the odds. It's just lucky for us all that there's enough C&SD's in the jury pool for prosecutors to pick from. Otherwise our betters would be treated like any other citizen & suffer real jail time.

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2013, 11:36:11 AM »
if my teen girl did that to me?  i'd be screwed. i doubt i could hit mine?  teen boy of mine? i'd hit him like a grown man.

now if my girl kid stole a car? then got loud and proud tried to break bad physically and got thumped?  i'd see red at first but play grown up stupid games win grown up prizes.   that might even get her a back hand from me. i hope and pray never to find out.by 15 the die is pretty much cast. that lil darlin is likely screwed.

So you consider kicking a shoe in your direction "breaking bad physically"? So if your daughters ever "get lippy" and try to "break bad physically" by doing something that under no possible circumstances could cause you injury it's their own fault if you beat them? But you'd try to keep it to just a good slap? I feel sorry for your kids. Thankfully you're putting all this out there for the prosecution to find after it happens...

And I read the quotes. Some people are boot licking authoritarians who think cops can do whatever the hell they want and "bitch had it coming." You yourself being a prime example. I fail to see what that proves, aside from my deep and abiding belief in the fundamental depravity of man.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2013, 11:44:08 AM »

Ummm... I am generally willing to give you the benefit of the doubt, C&SD, but you're quite off base here.

If my little girl or boy did that to me, I'd tell them to go pick up the shoe and HAND it to me like a grown up. Not storm into their room and drop them to the ground.

Did you watch the video? That was not a physically threatening act. She didn't kick the shoe at him with force. It may have been simply the automatic response to "Take your shoes off." At worst it was childish defiance. You don't respond to childish defiance with overwhelming force.

Unless, apparently, you are a police officer, in which case it's perfectly acceptable.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

• friends
Re: Re: Old news, but I just noticed
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2013, 04:32:47 PM »
Ah yes  the video. Not to be confused with any other evidence that 24 jurors looked at.

damn phone

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2013, 04:43:56 PM »
Ah yes  the video. Not to be confused with any other evidence that 24 jurors looked at.

damn phone

Sometimes the video should be enough.  Are you suggesting that the police edited the video?
"It's good, though..."

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2013, 04:46:25 PM »

damn phone

The prosecutor felt it was enough to press charges. 11 people thought it was enough the first trial.

Tell me again what you think is happening iutside the video that justifies it. I'm waiting.

• friends
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2013, 04:56:16 PM »
Sometimes the video should be enough.  Are you suggesting that the police edited the video?
'
'no  i did read what the jurors said