Author Topic: Old news, but I just noticed  (Read 4102 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: Re: Old news, but I just noticed
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2013, 05:00:18 PM »
The prosecutor felt it was enough to press charges. 11 people thought it was enough the first trial.

Tell me again what you think is happening iutside the video that justifies it. I'm waiting.

and 12 of 24 jurors told him to pound sand  or you still pretending about how the second trial went?
according to both juries they believed he followed sop and thought the fact our young heroine wasn't hurt was proof
jury one believed he shoulda just locked door and waited outside well 11 of em did
jury 2 went the other way

they had the benefit of hearing about both partys behavior before the video
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
Re: Old news, but I just noticed
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2013, 05:09:12 PM »
Again, I don't care what the jury decided. All the quotes prove is that half the folks there thought that beating a teen for no good reason is ok if that's the official SOP of the cops. "He followed the techniques he was trained to use." Which rather misses the point that he shouldn't have used those techniques in the first place.

So, again. You personally. What do you think happened before the video that justified what happened in the video? Or are you sticking with your position that being lippy and kicking a shoe in someone's general direction is justification for use of force?
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

• friends
Re: Re: Old news, but I just noticed
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2013, 05:46:50 PM »
I have no idea, personally. I am , unlike you,limited to reading what folks testified to. From that i understand they hsd been going at it verbally for some time. I suspect the young heroine was less than truthful in her story . I believe that when the shoe hit he took advantage of chance to subdue her. His mistake. I think he will prevail in arbitration

"in his general direction"? Really? You did better with your misinterpretation of the articles
damn phone
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2013, 05:55:44 PM »
Oh gosh, I'm so sorry. "After she viciously attacked him with an assault shoe of doom."

That better?

And I agree, I'm sure she was a huge verbal pain in the ass and he just took the slightest excuse he could find as a pretext to attack her. So we agree on what happened, just on whether or not it was ok. Gotcha.

If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

• friends
Re: Re: Re: Old news, but I just noticed
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2013, 07:31:15 PM »
Oh gosh, I'm so sorry. "After she viciously attacked him with an assault shoe of doom."

That better?

And I agree, I'm sure she was a huge verbal pain in the ass and he just took the slightest excuse he could find as a pretext to attack her. So we agree on what happened, just on whether or not it was ok. Gotcha.
We agree? Hardly. Its been hard to interject facts into the fantasy

Hecj two juries saw it differently.
They did agree on 2 points.
Sweety wasn't hurt.
And he followed sop

It easy to get excited over a video isn't it

damn phone

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2013, 07:37:46 PM »
Ok, here are the facts.

Teen girl in a holding cell kicks her shoe off at a cop. It strikes him in the shin.

Cop kicks her in the stomach (possibly hip), grabs her head, slams it into the wall, throws her face first to the floor, kneels on her back, punches her twice in the back of the head.

Tell me what part of that is fantasy. Go ahead, I'll wait.

Now, it's very possible that he folowed SOP in doing the above, but if so that really just makes matters worse.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2013, 08:10:50 PM »
Back in the day when I was an MP, we were trained to use the minimum force necessary.  Doing unto lippy teenagers kicking shoes at us, the maximum amount of force we would have been allowed to use would have been "The Command Voice".   Had I been Officer Friendly's commanding officer, he'd be re-classed to another MOS (job) so fast his courts martial paperwork would have to catch up with him, and you can bet your sweet bippy that a courts martial would have found him guilty.  

But then again we were better trained and disciplined.  And our SOP did not make everyone not wearing an MP Brassard (or blue uniform) the enemy.

Assist, Protect, Defend.  

« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 02:53:53 PM by scout26 »
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.