Author Topic: It is purely amazing... (or not...)  (Read 418 times)

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
It is purely amazing... (or not...)
« on: July 12, 2021, 11:58:47 PM »
...the number of outfits which have surfaced since the selection which are asking conservative people for money.
Blog under construction

MechAg94

• friend
Re: It is purely amazing... (or not...)
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2021, 08:45:05 AM »
Is "selection" referring to the events between early November last year and about Jan 6, 2021? 

Are you referring to spam emails begging for money?  I get a boat load of those.  I can either spam or delete those easy enough.  It is the text messages that tick me off.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2021, 09:15:58 AM »
The folks who seem to think that you're going to give them $100 to join the exclusive club of people stupid enough to donate to get a hat or a shirt or a pin to tell the world that you're a Real Conservative.
Blog under construction

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2021, 09:24:23 AM »
The worst are the ones that take a different tack.  They try to throw a guilt trip on you and talk about contacting you repeatedly and you have failed to support them. 

The biggest problem I have is identifying who is actually going to get the money.  I figure if I like a particular candidate, I will go directly to that candidates web page.  I don't want to go through 3rd parties.

I think I at least get a little less snail mail....maybe.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2021, 09:25:10 AM »
The folks who seem to think that you're going to give them $100 to join the exclusive club of people stupid enough to donate to get a hat or a shirt or a pin to tell the world that you're a Real Conservative.
You just say that because you aren't in the club.   =D

HankB

• friend
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2021, 11:05:49 AM »
. . .  I figure if I like a particular candidate, I will go directly to that candidates web page.  I don't want to go through 3rd parties . . .
That was EXACTLY my attitude with respect to charities when they hit us up at work for United Way contributions. (The UW response? "Well, then the charities you don't want to support won't get any money!" Yep. That's right.)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain