Author Topic: Moore Beats Strange  (Read 1645 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Moore Beats Strange
« on: September 27, 2017, 10:20:16 AM »
Looks like Roy Moore won with lots of room to spare in Alabama. It's being reported that Trump wiped all his references to Strange off his Twiter feed this morning.

From what I'd heard on the teevee, Trump kind of jumped the gun on Strange support. One or some of his people said Strange was the man, and Trump went with that before doing a full analysis with relevant staff. Hopefully like a kid touching the hot stove, he'll maybe take a step back before making decisions like this. I think he would have done better not scrubbing his twitter. Better to cowboy up and say the voters spoke and that he's now supporting their choice.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
Re: Moore Beats Strange
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2017, 02:23:45 PM »
Strange was a lying, corrupt SOB, thank the Lord Judge Moore won.  I won't vote against Trump because of this but....  he shouldda oughtta had knowed better!
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2017, 06:05:52 PM »
Moore Beats Strange. Wow. That's what I said to my first girlfriend.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: Re: Moore Beats Strange
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2017, 10:27:24 PM »
Moore Beats Strange. Wow. That's what I said to my first girlfriend.
I'm glad someone figured out a way to play on those names.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2017, 09:06:41 AM »
I heard someone speculating that supporting Strange was bone thrown to McConnell to get the Senate off the stick on some of Trumps legislative agenda.  I notice most all of Trump big name supporters threw their support behind Moore while Trump publicly supported Strange.  If there was a deal, I think Trump can say he came through on his end.  We will see what Trump does as we get closer to primary season.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 09:25:51 AM by MechAg94 »
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Pb

• friend
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2017, 09:22:55 AM »
Well, at least Moore won't be able to be kicked out of the senate for hanging the Ten Commandments on his office door....   :laugh:

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2017, 03:37:47 PM »
I bet ol' Mitch is crapping himself (along with much of the rest of the GOPe), that moore "BURN IT DOWN" and other libertarian types that will be outside of their control will run and win. 

Good.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.