Author Topic: Those of you followed tv or radio news during the space race  (Read 1165 times)

Stand_watie

• friend
Those of you followed tv or radio news during the space race
« on: April 30, 2006, 09:38:28 AM »
I'm trying to figure out what politician or astronaut said this. Probably at a news conference. It's the primary quotation in a weird little piece of house music called "exploration" that was already installed in my Lyra when I bought it by a group called Karminsky Experience inc.

"Well I look at it myself as uh, the beginning really of an exploration - that's the reason why we're exploring, You don't know what You'll run into on an exploration... what the sky looks like, what the stars look like, do they still twinkle or are they a steady light when you get outside the atmosphere?"

He was an American with a mild southern accent. Sounds a little like W. I assume this was stated before American manned space flight so probably pre-1960?
Yizkor. Lo Od Pa'am

"You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers"

"Never again"

"Malone Labe"

garrettwc

• friend
  • Tell me what I want to know and the pain will stop
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2006, 06:37:03 PM »
Astronaut Jim Lovell who was the commander of Apollo 13 (Tom Hanks character in the movie) and yes he does sound a lot like George W.

Justin

• friend
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2006, 08:54:35 PM »
As long as we're hunting down audio samples in obscure peices of techno, there's a track by Geb.El titled "The Killer and the Chicken" and in part of it, a woman says the something to the effect of the following:

"Kip didn't want to kill those men.  With lawmen, it would have been different.  They're out to do a job and it ought to be a fair fight.  But these were bounty hunters."

I would really like to know where that sample came from.  Best guess is some sort of 1960's or 1970's movie, maybe Bonnie and Clyde?
Your secretary is not a graphic designer, and Microsoft Word is not adequate for print design.