Author Topic: Thoughts on a new electric pressure washer  (Read 15698 times)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Re: Thoughts on a new electric pressure washer
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2014, 12:13:19 AM »
Ben:

Yes some pressure washers can rip the paint off of surfaces.  That is how my neighbor "scraped" his eaves before painting.  Every last bit of not 100% secure old paint came right off.  He still had pressure to go (big gas powered thing).
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2014, 01:10:42 PM »
Have you tried a nozzle on a regular hose  ???
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2014, 02:01:48 PM »
Have you tried a nozzle on a regular hose  ???

Yup. Not enough pressure, especially as the well tank gets near empty before the pump turns back on. It'll hose down the dirt, but not the webs or wasp nests.

Anyway, just got back from Lowes with a Troy Built XP. $100 more than I wanted to initially spend, but it was pretty highly rated and comes with a Honda engine instead of the Briggs & Stratton on the non-Lowes one, plus it has the second story attachment, so it keeps my 230 lbs of my dad's 200lb rated aluminum extension ladder.  :laugh:

Gonna fire it up after lunch and see what she can do.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2014, 06:33:08 PM »
That worked awesome and it was done lickety split. All without using a ladder. The only place I didn't get it completely clean was right at the attic vent at the crest of the roof, because shooting up from ground angle, I was afraid of getting too much water into the attic. I'm thinking an 8 foot step ladder for that one small area to reduce the angle, and everything else worked fine with my feet firmly planted on Mother Earth. Those dang spider webs were ridiculously sticky though. Even with high pressure, I had to "walk" them down the wall a ways before they finally came off.

The engine started on the first pull and she ran like a champ. My only two minor complaints would be that the inlet and outlet connections are a little too close together to easily get my hand in for tightening / untightening, especially at the inlet, and that the hose is that same stiff material as the hoses at the do-it-yourself carwash. I think my one upgrade will be to get a 40-50' good rubber hose, and maybe also look at putting an adapter on the inlet connector to lengthen it a bit and make it easier to get to.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2014, 06:47:45 PM »
I put a quick-connect on the water hose inlet and another 25 foot pressure hose onto the existing pressure hose, giving me a total of 50 feet working from the pressure washer unit.  It sure saved lugging/rolling the unit a lot.  The quick connect on the water hose inlet was because the inlet is made of plastic, and I did not want to potentially damage the threads by connecting and reconnecting the water hose.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.