Author Topic: Those ubiquitous active shooter drills  (Read 575 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Those ubiquitous active shooter drills
« on: October 30, 2018, 04:57:14 PM »
Just about any time a mass shooting takes over the news cycle, the conspiracy czar I work with says the FBI (or SWAT team, or something) had very recently conducted an active shooter drill at the scene of the crime. Have any of you tin-foilers ever looked into this?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Those ubiquitous active shooter drills
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2018, 08:06:32 PM »
Never heard of that. 

I would ask for a link, but of course that wouldn't be on the open internet. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2018, 09:10:43 AM »
Active shooter drills are ubiquitous. If anyone draws a direct line between them and an actual active shooting, they are probably not dealing with an actual verifiable set of facts.
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2018, 09:22:33 AM »
I think it is twice a year that every school in my county does ALICE drills.  Businesses and churches can schedule police-led ALICE training just about whenever they want.  The county SWAT guys do force-on-force in schools, churches, and office buildings an average of once every two months or so and some of those scenarios involve active shooters.  All deputies get run through force-on-force active shooter training at a local school once every few years.  Not sure about the training schedule for other local departments or the feds.

The training happens a lot, but I don't know how often it lines up closely with a real active shooter.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2018, 11:04:33 AM »
I think it is twice a year that every school in my county does ALICE drills.  Businesses and churches can schedule police-led ALICE training just about whenever they want.  The county SWAT guys do force-on-force in schools, churches, and office buildings an average of once every two months or so and some of those scenarios involve active shooters.  All deputies get run through force-on-force active shooter training at a local school once every few years.  Not sure about the training schedule for other local departments or the feds.

The training happens a lot, but I don't know how often it lines up closely with a real active shooter.

So the conspiracy has its tentacles everywhere.  [tinfoil]  :O
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife